Menu
sam_soong
Up to speed
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Renewal Fun and Games

No not really. I'd be happy to talk to you in private message or phone if you wish to discuss though.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I will pop you a private message over to grab a few more details. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
roofer123
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat.

Would you be able to help me please?

I have called in twice today. The 1st lady was very rude and cut me off. The second chap said he could not help as the system was having problems so could not offer me a better deal or loyalty discounts.

22 years I have been a loyal customer and my contract expired on the 25th of July. Underwhelmed and speechless is an understatement. New customers get so much more than us loyal one's.

Time to jump ship maybe....... 

0 Kudos
sam_soong
Up to speed
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

After a pointless two day inbox exchange with the representative, I've decided to ultimately end my services on the 6th August after 10+ years. I'll be ending my mobile contract in March when that's up too and go to a more mainstream network. I'm a little gutted to be honest but it may be a breath of fresh air. You shouldn't stay with someone too long anyway as the begin to take you and your money for granted as I've found out.

However, I watched an advert last night for BT (a company who I actually forgot about and which was shown four or five time in just an hour!) and it couldn't have come at a better time seeing as what I've just gone through with Virgin for the last two weeks. 

Virgin want £63 a month up from £45 for the same services I already have. No incentives, no bonuses, no giveaways. Nothing.

BT have just offered me over the phone a max TV package, 50-60 mb broadband (I can cope with the speed reduction tbh), house phone line, an XBOX ONE S or Samsung Galaxy A Tablet and a £90 pre-paid Mastercard to spend on whatever I want, wherever I want all for £54 a month! 

If anyone reading this finds themselves in a similar situation to mine and is sick of being patronised or taken for granted not to mention shoddy customer service that Virgin is pretty much famous for now, then I advise them to shop around and go to whoever values/respects you and your custom MORE and offers the best incentives! Remember, they need you more than you need them! This is why competition is always a good thing.

To those who offered me advice thank you and the best of luck. Smiley Happy