cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Extended without consent

abc22
Joining in

Hello,

I joined Virgin Media as a new customer in March 2021 with a contract up to September 2022.

I moved to a new address on Sep 1 and took my virgin media with me.

Unknown to me, this "renewed" my contract to Feb 2023.

On the "Moving Home" FAQ it also says the contract doesn't change unless services do and my services were the same and I also paid the additional £20 for the move. I have been trying to get it corrected but there have been long hours of a wait without any result.

When contacted via chat, a customer agent honeylyn also confirmed that the contract will be reverted to the old one but I cannot see any changes online.

I want my old contract to continue and don't want the new one which is now showing in my contract.

Requesting to look into this matter. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi abc22, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that your move has triggered a new contract. 

As you have mentioned already, as long as everything is the same as your old account, the contract should just continue. I'm happy to take a look at things but will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi abc22, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message with your information. 

I can confirm that the both accounts are the same so I have arranged for the contract minimum term date to be updated to the same as the previous account. This is September 2022 as mentioned in your first post. It can take up to 5 days to update.

You won't receive any new documentation as the terms are the same. 

If you have any further queries, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F,

Just wanted to understand whether my contract has been updated to the minimum term date, same as the previous account as I can still see the new contract on my account.

Regards

Hi @abc22,

Apologies. Is this issue still present for you today? If so, please respond to my colleague you were speaking with about this via PM and they can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi abc22, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear things haven't been amended yet. I'm not sure what's happened here. 

I've escalated this up to be amended as agreed and will pop back here to let you know once that's done. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi abc22, 

It's just a quick message to let you know the contract has now been amended on your account with us. It is now set to end the same month as your previous account. 

As we have manually amended this, it may not show up within My VM as it hasn't created a new contract. Therefore the original date may still show. 

Should you wish to leave, then the previous date will be the one we go by. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team