Menu
audrey2015
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract End date

My account online does not show my contract end date. Surely this is illegal and cannot be deliberately hidden. Please don't tell me to contact them by phone as I already know this. I want to see my contract details.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract End date

All Virgin Media contracts don't have a fixed end date, but will continue indefinitely until you ask to stop them. Some contracts have a minimum term requirement, but that's not the same thing. After any minimum term you go onto a rolling 30 day notice period agreement.

Contracts with a minimum term entered into after April 2016 are normally shown in My Virgin Media, and more recently all changes to services also show there. Contracts before April 2016 were sent out by post.

So in general if you don't see anything in My Virgin Media for a contract, you won't currently be under any minimum term agreement, and are on a 30 day notice agreement.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi audrey2015, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 
BenMcr has covered everything for you in his post above. If you would like me to double check the account to ensure you have no minimum end date then I can do this to save you calling. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jason080176
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you do cancel your contract cancel your direct debit at the same time as they'll make you wait 45days for a refund which they'll send using a relic from the last century (cheque) which won't turn up. 

There is 3 threads on this forum alone from people who still waiting form cancellations in October.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cancelling when money is owed and they will be on your back quickly.

cheques are still a legal means of making payment. we use them every day in our company. preferred method by many of our clients. both our window cleaner and gardener only deal in cheques too.

if no one were getting cheques then this forum would be in melt down. three threads is nothing. although virgin should sort it out more quickly.

'they'll make you wait 45days for a refund'

my old company it was 90 days. i suspect the reasons are the same 'accounting and auditing purposes'.

0 Kudos
Jason080176
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My contracted ended on 2/11, 71 days later and still no money, over 100 days since I phoned to cancel. I'm just offering advice so other people dont end up waiting months like me.

Care to comment jamesofmerton.. 

If you cancel your direct debit when cancelling the contract you guarantee you'll get a correct final bill and no payments taken after you leave and chasing months later to get your money.

Cheques are still a relic from the last century and in this day age should not be used to refund customers. 

0 Kudos