cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Customer Service Regarding Power of Authority

EastEndBoy
Tuning in

As there is no chat facility available I have called the Customer Service Team on 0345 454 1111 regarding registering a Lasting Power of Attorney.

I was on hold for quite a while and then the line just cut off. I appreciate that Covid has caused some staff shortages but as Virgin are in the business of media and communications one would think that it should be a little easier for its customers to contact their Customer Care Team and speak to a human being.

I need to look into making changes to the services provided and the online help only seems to allow upgrades (at an additional cost) rather than showing all of the potential options.

Is anyone able to advise how I can get in contact with the Customer Care Team and speak to them or should I just cancel the services and move to another provider?

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EastEndBoy wrote:

As there is no chat facility available I have called the Customer Service Team on 0345 454 1111 regarding registering a Lasting Power of Attorney.

I need to look into making changes to the services provided and the online help only seems to allow upgrades (at an additional cost) rather than showing all of the potential options.

Is anyone able to advise how I can get in contact with the Customer Care Team and speak to them or should I just cancel the services and move to another provider?

Hi @EastEndBoy 

Unless the account holder is with you and gives permission to allow you to make changes on that call then you will be unable to regrade or cancel until you complete the POA.

There is a section on the following page showing how to set up POA by post  ( A member of the Forum Team may pick this up and help with the POA but it may take a few days)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibilityandextrasupport 

Info below from above link

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EastEndBoy, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I would like to apologise for the experience you've had whilst attempting to get a resolution. In terms of your post, I would like to gain a better understanding. What you have advised in terms of registering a power of attorney, is that to process an upgrade? Or are you trying to do the two separately?  

Please let me know as I would love to help. 

Cheers. 

Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. There are a few things that I need to resolve for my mother.

Basically I have Power of Attorney for my mother and would like to have this noted on your records. My mother is no longer under contract and I would like to know the options available to her. It also appears that the account is still somehow linked to my father who passed away in 2013.

Thank you for that information EastEndBoy.

So with regards to the power of attorney request. I would recommend checking out this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibilityandextrasupport and heading the power of attorney drop down. This will provide information on this. 

With regards to being out of contract. Firstly we would recommend check the online account as this can provide some available offer: https://virg.in/myvmapp.

With the final point you have raised regarding your father. Can you expand on what way you have been advised the account is still linked to him? Was he the account holder?

^Martin

Martin,

This is why it would be far easier to actually speak to a human being.  I have already looked at the Help pages.

1/ The Link you provided only covers registering the Power of Attorney (POA) by post when I believe that it is something that can be done electronically. I have a code that I can provide to Virgin Media so that they can view to POA in the government website.

2/ As mentioned in my original email the only options online appear to be upgrade requests rather than what bundles are available to existing customers. 

3/ Again, it would be beneficial to speak to a human being as I prefer not to put any further details about the account on a public forum.

VIP New Apollo recently provided some useful info in a reply to a similar enquiry here:   https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Electronic-Registration-of-LPA/td-p...

Hope this helps.

Virgin Media don't like downgrades, so don't make it easy.  

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EastEndBoy

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience, we would need this to be sent by post - once this is done our team will get this completed for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That still does not address the issues.

I am aware, through this very forum, that you are able to register Power of Authority electronically.

it appears that the questions that I have posed are unable to be answered or passed to the relevant people by the Forum Team. However, it has provided an answer to the question of whether I should cancel the Virgin services and move to an alternative provider.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EastEndBoy

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs