cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted Virgin to remove services

Nedz
Joining in

Hi

I contacted Virgin Media by phone on the 14th Nov to to remove some services in order to reduce costs. This was a second box which I haven’t used for ages and reducing my tv channels from max to basic. I was told this had been done and would reduce my bill a fair amount which I was happy with. 
This was two weeks ago and nothing has yet changed. All channels are the same and I was told I would receive a message saying when someone would be collecting the unused box which I haven’t yet received.
Does this take time,I’m assuming it would happen immediately. I received no email or anything to notify me of the changes and I’m starting to think that the phone call was just a waste of time. 

Any help or advice? I am getting the feeling I am going to have to contact them again to make sure or I will be charged the full amount again next month which I can no longer afford.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nedz 

As far as I'm aware it takes 30 days for a reduction/removaal of services to be actioned

A member of teh forum team should pick this up in a day or two and they should be able to check your account and  confirm the status of your account and services

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nedz 

As far as I'm aware it takes 30 days for a reduction/removaal of services to be actioned

A member of teh forum team should pick this up in a day or two and they should be able to check your account and  confirm the status of your account and services

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Nedz, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry your services hasn't changed yet.

Normally this change would happen within 30 days as mentioned above.

One this does happen we will then send you some packaging to send us your old box back. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Ok thanks,il give it another couple of weeks and see what happens.👍🏻

Thanks for the reply @Nedz on the forums.

Let us know how it is in a months time and we can go on from there.
As always - reach out to us if you have any other queries.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs