Menu
romainoebruneau
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contact and Closing

Why is it so difficult to close my account? There is complete lack of online contact information for virgin media. I am currently not in the UK so calling the various helplines is not an option. There is not a single email address available for customers to contact. Filling out a long and laborious online form just infuriates people further, and no doubt increases the volume of complaints. I wanted a quick and easy option to close my account as I am leaving the UK, and have spent over an hour trying to do what should take less than five minutes. Consider this the 30 days notice for account #[REMOVED]**. I will no longer be reopening my account on my return, and will advise friends and family against doing so.

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information ]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact and Closing

Sadly can't request account canceling via the forum need to either call in or write to virgin media

Can call via +44 345 454 1111 choosing options 1-4-5 thinking of leaving us, could call via Skype etc

Also if you see this in time please edit your posy and remove account number

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
romainoebruneau
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate this but can't currently speak so need to write online. Also want this to happen asap so i don't get charged for another month. I've cancelled my direct debit with my bank but can't believe how difficult it is to do something so simple.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could try via the online chat via http://contact.Virginmedia.com but if memory serves correct only phone or letter

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'There is not a single email address available for customers to contact'

legally companies are not required to have an email address. it does not work for a company the size of virgin and what they do.

'i've cancelled my direct debit with my bank'

this is not a good idea. money owed will generate a late payment fee and all that goes with it. particularly if you are not in the uk. they will also want equipment returned if it is a v6 and the current hub.

writing is your only option

Virgin Media,

PO Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea,

SA7 9ZJ

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi romainoebruneau,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

I am sorry you're cancelling but I'll be more than happy to assist.

I'll pop you a PM so I can grab some details to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos