Conned into a new contract

Marrauk24
Joining in

What can I do about being conned into a new contract 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you could explain some of the background to this, and what's happened...

Other community members may be able to advise, and the staff may be able to assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting question.

I am very disgruntled and leaving VM but they have always been clear when you enter or re-enter a contract with them.

It's communicated via email and in your account.  I even had a few in the post after they've told me in telephone conversation.

You have 14 days to get out of a contract otherwise you will have to prove, in your words,that you were "conned".

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Marrauk24 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you feel that way. 

Could you possibly expand on the reasons for this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I phoned up and told them I wanted to downgrade my old contract had ended she took items off to lower  things and told me my new contract would be £60+ a month I don’t have to pay my first payment till mid July and then Friday I get a bill for £180. When I rang them and explained this I was told I’ve been misinformed 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of a "holding" answer before the staff pick this up... login to your "myVM" online account and find your downloadable contract.

Does it tally with what you're expecting?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Marrauk24,

I'm very sorry for the issue with your billing. Just to be aware, the first bill of any new contract will be for the first 2 months of service in advance.

Any charges from previous contracts will also be included, as well as additional charges such as call usage, pay-per-view items.

There is more information on this here.

If you are still unsure what the charges on your recent bill are, then do let us know and we'd be happy to look into this further with you.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When I asked the lady she told me my first bill with my discount would be forty odd pound and that was the only reason I didn’t change provider 

We do apologise for any confusion @Marrauk24

You would be billed for for the first 2 months of service in advance. 

Are you looking to raise a complaint?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs