cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Netflix as part of bundle

Dmo238
Tuning in

I’ve recently upgraded my TV, broadband and telephone package and have been advised by the salesperson that my bundle includes Netflix Standard.

Prior to upgrading, I already and currently have a Netflix account and pay a monthly subscription directly with Netflix for £10.99 a month. 

As my Virgin bundle now includes Netflix Standard does this mean:

1. I can cancel my current Netflix subscription direct with Netflix as its now part of my bundle, I.e. why pay separately/more if it’s part of my new bundle?

2. I have to register my current Netflix account with Virgin?

This wasn’t very well explained to me I’ve the phone when I took this deal out last week and reading this forum, I’m still not sure what this bundle means?

Really hoping someone can help!

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

David

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi David,

Sorry this is a bit long, it's taken from terms-and-conditions-bundles-with-netflix_17_June_22.pdf 

In order to enjoy the Netflix service as part of your eligible bundle, you will need to activate the Netflix service by completing the Netflix activation process. You will receive instructions on how to activate the Netflix service via email or text message. If you decide not to activate Netflix Standard, this will not reduce or amend the price of your eligible bundle, but it will mean you won’t have access to Netflix Standard as part of the service.

4. If you already have an existing Netflix account, you can link it to your eligible bundle when you activate Netflix as part of your eligible bundle. Netflix will continue to charge you separately for your existing Netflix account until you link that account to your eligible bundle. For any queries regarding your billing with Netflix or for your existing Netflix account please contact Netflix directly.

5. You can upgrade Netflix Standard to Netflix Premium as an optional add-on service. If you already have an existing account with a Netflix Premium membership plan, then you can link that plan to your eligible bundle when you activate Netflix as part of your eligible bundle. Or if you wish to upgrade to Netflix Premium as part of your eligible bundle at a later date, then you can do so at any time. If you wish to review the details of your Netflix membership plan, please visit the ‘Account’ pages on the Netflix website or call Virgin Media Customer Care and we can upgrade this for you.

6. Netflix Premium will be charged at an additional monthly cost and will be added to your Virgin Media bill. If you decide to downgrade from Netflix Premium to Netflix Standard, you can do so at any time and still enjoy Netflix Standard as part of your eligible bundle at no additional cost.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

many thanks for your insight and sharing the detail. Point 4 sealed my understanding for me. As constructive feedback, I’d recommend you upskill your offshore staff on these details - they said it was just an ability to have Netflix on my box and I would still need to pay Netflix but via Virgin. All they really needed to say was that as it’s part of the bundle and I’d save on £10.99 per month and just needed to link my account via the email sent about activating Netflix.

Thanks again!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again David,

I'm just a customer the same as your good self, but hang around the forums so know what goes on.

Have you received your  email or text message to activate the Netflix service yet? 

It sometimes goes in the spam/junk folder, and sometimes doesn't seem to arrive, or the activation process fails.

If this happens just post back on this thread and a member for the forum team should pick it up in a few days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah cheers Dave - I misread your signature and thought you were a member of staff! Thanks for your insight and taking the time to help. Much appreciated.