cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about my Virgin Media Contract

sarahd094
Just browsing

Yesterday (20th Feb), I rang up to see what deals Virgin could offer me, or to potentially cancel my account since my last contract came to an end on 16th Feb.

I ended up signing up for a new 18 month contract, that I was told on the phone would be £28 a month. I was very specific on the phone, saying that unless they could offer me £30 or lower then I WANT TO CANCEL. Despite me saying this several times and their best off being £39 a month, they refused to take me seriously and just kept saying "give me one second" when I asked to cancel. After 40+ minutes speaking to someone on the phone, they eventually offered me a £28 contract + £35 setup fee. After some quick maths I realized that works out at about £30 a month if you include the setup fee. Since they were refusing to let me cancel, I accepted that offer since it is easier than having to deal with returning equipment and switching to Sky. So they sent over the contract to me via email.

I have the Order Documents in my email, stating that my contract is £28 per month, and that I will also be paying a £35 setup fee (since apparently they HAVE to send me and bill me £35 for the TV equipment I don't want and will never use - I don't even have a TV license).

However, today I got another email saying "Thank you for making those changes" and this has a completely different contract attached. This is also the contract listed in my Virgin Media account.  The contract says I am paying £33 a month for 18 months. It doesn't mention the set up fee, but an additional £5 per month over 18 months is almost x3 the cost of the set up fee.

In addition, despite trying to clarify over the phone, my bill for next month is still showing as £57, which is the cost if you are not in a contract. I have tried several times to get in contact to double check all of this, but the hyperlinks to live chat do not work (and usually takes several hours to get a reply anyway), and when I try to view anything information about my bill it takes me around and around in circles.

Please can someone shed some light on this?

2 REPLIES 2

cooltone
Tuning in

1) Any discounts you have expired 16th February your next month's bill will be displayed without discount

2) The new discounts you have agreed may take a day or so to filter through to your account. If theses do not update in the next two days call them.

3) You always have a 14-day option of cancelling the online contract

4) It's always best to call - VM are likely to be busy right now as they have recently announced major contract and price changes; I expect Customer Services is well over loaded. 

Best wishes.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sarahd094,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the new contract you have received.

As much as we would like to help here. We are unable to offer any support with package changes or billing.

It would be best to give us a call back and see what has happened.

Our contact details are here if you need them.

Gareth_L