cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation required!!

Suzie60
Joining in

On 3 March I contacted Virgin Media re the upcoming price increase and I agreed a ‘downgrade’ on my current package.  On 5 March I again contacted VM again as I had changed my mind and the lady I spoke to agreed to keep me on my current contract until it’s expiry in November 2023, with no price increases during that time.  She also said she would cancel the contract I had taken out on 3 March.  However, on checking my account I find it is still ‘pending’, with no indication it has been cancelled.

I have made numerous calls to VM about this as I would like some form of confirmation.  All I keep getting told is not to worry as the ‘downgrade’ contract taken out on 3 March has been cancelled and I can continue with my current package until November 2023.  When asked if I could receive confirmation of this, sometimes I am told I will receive an email (which hadn’t happened) or it isn’t possible for them to send me confirmation for whatever reason.  Why can’t ‘pending’ be changed to ‘cancelled’?

Can’t anybody send me an email?!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We understand the concern and confusion Suzie60, as you have advised changes were agreed but then cancelled it's not unusual for changes to show as pending. Everything remains as discussed during the Private Messages, the pending will drop off at some point 🙂

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Suzie60,

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused by the recent package issues and changes, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Although we can't make changes to packages via the Forums, we're happy to take a closer look and see what is happening with your account and package at the moment. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Thanks

Rob

Any update please?

Following on from my original query, I was notified that nothing was showing as pending on my account and my contract would carry on as normal until the end of November 2023.  However, I can still view the previously mentioned ‘pending’ account which apparently will take effect from 2 April), although I note the email address on it is the one I was issued with when I first joined VM many years ago (I only use this email when I log into my account).   Will this make any difference - I don’t want to end up paying for two different contracts!

We understand the concern and confusion Suzie60, as you have advised changes were agreed but then cancelled it's not unusual for changes to show as pending. Everything remains as discussed during the Private Messages, the pending will drop off at some point 🙂

Rob