cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation email?

ianstark
On our wavelength

Hi,

I got today's email telling me about the £22.50 price increase, and when I spoke to customer service about downgrading my package (boy, that's hard work!) I found myself signing up to the Ultimate Volt deal which looks pretty decent and saves me some cash. It took three hours from the start of the Whatsapp chat to the end - not because we were chatting so much, but because after I answered any of his/her questions (they never told me their name) the agent disappeared for anything between 10 and 20 minutes! Every time! We could have done the deal in ten minutes tops!

But all that aside, one of the last things the agent told me was that I would be sent a confirmation email. That was at 4.15pm and now, 3 hours later, I still haven't received it. Like I say, the email about the price increase arrived today, and other email has been delivered to that mailbox since. 

I can imagine they're all very busy dealing with other people who were rather shocked by the price increase email today, but how long should I wait before braving the customer service experience again? Does it normally take several hours for what is presumably an automatic email to be sent?

Thanks for any suggestions.

22 REPLIES 22

ianstark
On our wavelength

Oh sorry, I've just seen your second PM. I didn't get a notification about that. Thanks for your offer of help, but my original query is no longer valid as I've been told I can't have what I was originally offerd (and accepted), so I'm looking to downgrade to the bare minimum now.

ianstark
On our wavelength

Just to round this off, I actually made better progress with Kaila and we eventually agreed a package that I was (mostly) happy with. We started the paperwork and I got as far as approving the order on my phone.

The last thing I heard from Kaila was "Your order number is xxxxxxx. We’ve sent an email to xxxxxxx with all the details. Now let's get to the boring yet very important stuff. Let me send to you some key Information you should know. Ok?"

Guess what . . .

No email. And no key information. And no further response from Kaila since 4pm (an hour ago). And no change to my package showing in My Package on the VM site.

OK, I think it's fair to add that just as I was about to post this, and an hour in between messages, Kaila came back to me (and thanked me for my patience lol!). It seems the 'important information' was to ask me to opt into marketing email and to offer me £50 to recommend VM to friends. She confirmed that the new package will be activated within 24 hours. 

Fingers crossed!

Hi Ian

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I am glad you've managed to get everything sorted

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill