cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation email?

ianstark
On our wavelength

Hi,

I got today's email telling me about the £22.50 price increase, and when I spoke to customer service about downgrading my package (boy, that's hard work!) I found myself signing up to the Ultimate Volt deal which looks pretty decent and saves me some cash. It took three hours from the start of the Whatsapp chat to the end - not because we were chatting so much, but because after I answered any of his/her questions (they never told me their name) the agent disappeared for anything between 10 and 20 minutes! Every time! We could have done the deal in ten minutes tops!

But all that aside, one of the last things the agent told me was that I would be sent a confirmation email. That was at 4.15pm and now, 3 hours later, I still haven't received it. Like I say, the email about the price increase arrived today, and other email has been delivered to that mailbox since. 

I can imagine they're all very busy dealing with other people who were rather shocked by the price increase email today, but how long should I wait before braving the customer service experience again? Does it normally take several hours for what is presumably an automatic email to be sent?

Thanks for any suggestions.

22 REPLIES 22

ianstark
On our wavelength

I also confirm that I am getting other email from Virgin Media, for example the notification about the new ITVX hub a few minutes ago.

Hi Ian, 

Sorry to hear it's still not come through. Depending on how the agent completed the order, you may not receive a confirmation.

Sadly, we are unable to assist with package changes from here, so please do give us another call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Beth

ianstark
On our wavelength

Actually, I sat for three hours on a Whatsapp chat because I was told by your chatbot that would be quicker than calling. The thought of doing that again doesn't fill me with much joy.

Sorry to be dumb, but your two colleagues suggested that they would be able to chase it up (not actually make the changes to the package, which I had hoped would have already been done). Are you now saying that you are not able to help me at all? And is the suggestion that your agent has, in fact, not processed the package change nor made any changes to my account at all? 

Thanks for clarifying.

Hi ianstark

Thanks for coming back to the thread, my colleague above didn't suggest we can do package changes, he wrote 'he can get it re-sent for you' referring to the contract email. We cannot do package changes however via this forum

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ianstark
On our wavelength

Thanks John. I wasn't suggesting he did say that - I wrote that they said they would 'chase it up', i.e .chase up the confirmation message and get it resent. I've never requested anyone actually do any package changes and I'm unclear where that idea has come from. I even made that clear in my previous message.

It's great that there are so many Virgin Media staff responding (you are the fourth in 24 hours) but I'm still none the wiser about whether anyone has actually chased them up. 

I will send you a PM to check this but you may need to speak to the retentions team either via calling - 150 / 0345 454 1111 or Whatsapp +447305 327 112

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ianstark
On our wavelength

Thanks John. I am actually online with an agent now (since 8.30am - two hours so far). I am very unimpressed with how the conversation is going. The current agent is saying that they cannot offer me the same package deal I was offered by the previous person. My original reason for contacting Virgin on Monday was to discuss reducing my package to the bare minimum but the agent convinced me to stay with a special deal - which I accepted and was told to wait for a confirmation email - which never arrived. Now I am being told that they cannot offer me the same deal.

Update at 10:45am They have just transferred me to WhatsApp to a member of the retentions team. Luckily I have the original WhatsApp transcript. I'll update here to let you know how it goes.

Hi Ian, if you can provide the details 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

ianstark
On our wavelength

This doesn't look like it's going to end well. 

After more than 6 hours on the Virgin chat line and Whatsapp I am no further forward with my enquiry. I'm currently having a very long a drawn out conversation with Kaila Keesha who is very polite and friendly, but spent the first 30 minutes asking me about which channels I watch, how many devices are connected to the internet etc etc. All questions I answered on Monday and none of which are actually pertinent to my issue. To restate that - I want the deal I was offered and accepted on Monday to be honoured, confirmed and put in place.

It seems that the hours I spent online on Monday were wasted, though, as there is no record of my conversation (other than my Whatsapp transcript). So, this morning at 8.30am I was asked to go thorugh the process of revising my package again. I did this - but was told (after two hours) they could not give me the deal I was originally offered. When I queried this I was transferred to Retentions. That was at 10.43 this morning. It is now nearly 3.00 in the afternoon and I am now being told that they still can't offer that deal. In fact, what I am now being offered is rather less than the original deal, but for more money. Kaila tells me I was given misleading information on Monday and that I should never have been offered the 1GB broadband as it's not available.. Interestingly, I was offered that again this morning. Why is it some people at VM know it's not available while others don't?

I've now reverted to my very original enquiry, which was to find out which parts of my current package I can lose in order to save some money. Such a shame.

ianstark
On our wavelength

What details, @John_GS?