cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation email?

ianstark
On our wavelength

Hi,

I got today's email telling me about the £22.50 price increase, and when I spoke to customer service about downgrading my package (boy, that's hard work!) I found myself signing up to the Ultimate Volt deal which looks pretty decent and saves me some cash. It took three hours from the start of the Whatsapp chat to the end - not because we were chatting so much, but because after I answered any of his/her questions (they never told me their name) the agent disappeared for anything between 10 and 20 minutes! Every time! We could have done the deal in ten minutes tops!

But all that aside, one of the last things the agent told me was that I would be sent a confirmation email. That was at 4.15pm and now, 3 hours later, I still haven't received it. Like I say, the email about the price increase arrived today, and other email has been delivered to that mailbox since. 

I can imagine they're all very busy dealing with other people who were rather shocked by the price increase email today, but how long should I wait before braving the customer service experience again? Does it normally take several hours for what is presumably an automatic email to be sent?

Thanks for any suggestions.

22 REPLIES 22

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ianstark, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you haven't got any conformations on your new deals. 

Normally these can take up to 24 hours to come through.

Have you checked your junk / spam folder?

You should also be able to see this on your online account. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Many thanks Matt, I appreciate you letting me know. To be honest, I'm surprised it takes any time at all! It seems like it should be easy to automatically generate, but I won't argue! I'm happy to hear that I haven't (hopefully) been forgotten.

Cheers 🙂

ianstark
On our wavelength

Sorry, yes I did check my spam.

Thanks for letting us know this.

If you haven't this today please reach back out and I will get this resent back out for you.

Did you manage to see it on your online account? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt. No it's not showing up on my account either. 

Okay let give it till the end of the day.

If its still not on there we will look into this, I know sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to fully show. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks again Matt 🙂

Hey there @ianstark, thanks for replying on the forums! 👋

May I ask if you've received the email?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ianstark
On our wavelength

Hi Ilyas,

Nothing yet, either the confirmation email or any change shown to my package.

Many thanks for anything you guys can do to sort his out.

Ian . . .