Menu
SomeWelshBloke
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Completely baffled by bill

Spent three hours on the phone with Virgin yesterday to give notice to cancel my contract, today I logged into my account and saw that it says I need to make a payment or I might receive late fees. I spent two and a half hours yesterday trying to cancel with 90% of that being on silent hold, today i've spent four hours on silent hold waiting for a human but the search for one is apparently hopeless. One particularly baffling aspect is apparently their coding for the late payment message is so flawed that it cannot display the actual payment price for me and instead shows the actual code. So do I actually have to pay anything right now, especially because I am £64 pounds in credit. Just for the record, the end of contract cancellation fees etc aren't included in this month, those will be in September's bill. I also paid £32 yesterday, which is included in the £64 credit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely baffled by bill

The issue is similar to the one you pointed out (which gave me a laugh BTW)

The VM Webdevs are well...lets not be unkind. Lets say "on a steep learning curve" and haven't heard of if>then>else statements. That part of the correspondence course arrives next week, with "how to make a call to a back-end function"  arriving 2 weeks after that...

Thats compounded by VM's bizarre billing system.

That credit at the bottom will be applied to NEXT month, when the bill is produced (on the 26th August)

USUALLY if you click through to make a payment, it autofills the ACTUAL amount due less the credit, which is the only way to check apart from playing Russian roulette with the cut you off demons on the phone...

SomeWelshBloke
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely baffled by bill

Hey, yeah I tried doing that but it takes me to a blank page, based off the html the function has an error on it. How on Earth do Virgin Web designers not know how to create basic functions? You learn this stuff in A-Level IT.
0 Kudos