cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Elephantae
Tuning in

My 87 yr old nan is without a landline, disabled and needs it fir her emergency care line. I spent ages on the phone yesterday and was promised an engineer today between 4pm and 7pm and no one has turned up. I have power of attorney but can't access her online account as everytime I've logged in it ask me to verify details and security questions and then says welcome to virgin please sign in - every time. I've put on the forum under managing account, I've contacted WhatsApp virgin and no reply. I am really concerned my nan has no landline. Fuming no one turned up today- I think he was just trying to get me off phone. I need a landline for nan and I need her online account access sorted. Ive never dealt with a company that it is so difficult to speak to someone who knows what they are doing 

9 REPLIES 9

Elephantae
Tuning in

Posted yesterday as my 87 yr old nans landlines is not working. It is vital it works as attached to an emergency Careline. I have power of attorney which virgin have copies of but every time I try to log onto account it says thankyou for verifying email address and asks me to confirm name dob, memorable info and then I get an email saying thank uou for registering which I've now received numerous times. I have tried calling to sort out and get phone fixed - promised engineer between 4 and 7 - no one has turned up and I answered an advisor yesterday on this forum and I've now had no reply. I can't answer the info they want without access to account.  My nan is very distressed 

We had similar issues when a family member dies and I had submitted the Power Of Attorney. VM asked me to pay a transfer fee as I wanted to change the name on the account from the deceased to me! 

VM customer services are by far the worst I have ever come across for service provider.

I'm really frustrated, I've put in a WhatsApp as well. I'm concerned as if my nan had a fall her alarm won't work - everything I explained yesterday . Two issues and nothing being resolved

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elephantae.

Thank you for posting. Welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

I am really sorry to see your Nan is without a landline and there was a no show of the engineer ☹.

I appreciate and thank you for trying to reach out to us to get this resolved.

I will do everything I can to help, in order to do so I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Elephantae,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see there is an engineer visit booked. 

If you don't have the details for this visit, and you cant access this online, please let us know here and we can send you a private message to assist further.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Elephantae
Tuning in

The last message I had was 2 hours ago. I've been told the appointment was rearranged - no one told us that so I've asked for the £29 compensation a number of times and now no answer. I can't reset the memorable word as there is no option for this on the app and as explained a number of times via pm and WhatsApp it will not allow me to access the account fully and keeps saying thsnk you for verifying my email and then asking me security questions- this happens every time I log on. I am disgusted at the way an elderly person is left with no phone and no access to emergency line if she fell. Even with power of attorney I  have to go through so many hoops to try amd resolve these problems amd still after 48 hours and numerous messages I can't get anywhere . I would never recommend virgin to anyone who has accessibility issues

Elephantae
Tuning in

Please can someone reply as the forum lady is not replying to my messages. I want to reset my memorable word and talk about compensation as engineer failed to attend saturday

Hi @Elephantae, thank you for your post and apologies for the delay in responding.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to discuss this further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the red envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,

Daniel

I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

To add to what I'd said in the thread about my case, VM then charged us late payment fees when we had to close the various bank accounts inc the one where Direct Debit was set up for the VM broadband due to the deceased as mentioned.

We argued this and VM did nothing to reimburse the fee.

We were busy dealing with the aftermath of the death in the family and did not pursue it. Wished we had contacted the press, BBC Watchdog and our local MP as we very much doubt it was an "isolated case". Imagine the speed VM would have contacted us to make amends after that.....!