cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Daxa
Joining in

I used to be a virgin media customer upto last month. I was billed and charged for the month after my notice period finished. Gave them a call to get that sorted. However, despite being assured by customer service that I wouldn’t be charged the money was debited from my account by direct debit. I would like to raise an official complaint but am unable to do so as I am no longer their customer. Can someone advise on how I can make a complaint, please. 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Without knowing all the dates etc. ...

The general principle is that VM continues to bill you right up until the end of the 30 day period. Depending on when your normal billing date is, what period the bill covers and the final disconnection date, you may get another regular bill generated during the last 30 days which is collected as normal.

Once disconnected, VM produce a final bill and you may be in credit or debit depending on when the above dates fall. If you owe VM, you pay off the final balance. If VM owe you, they send you out a cheque (I think).

One of the VM forum team will need to look at your account to advise on your particular circumstances. They normally reply within a day or two.

Thank for your response. My notice period and bill dates were in sync. I shouldn’t have been billed at all after the notice period as I would have been in credit. Been told that it would take them 35 days to issue a check! 🙄 I asked how do I raise an official complaint and the customer service lady said I could do that on their website but as I am no longer a customer the website will not allow me to do so. Any suggestions on that, please?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can only suggest that you wait here for a VM forum team member to pick this up within the next day or two and look into your individual account. They will do this via PM.

As for waiting 35 days for a cheque ... well, that's just the way VM have chosen to do things (despite it being 2022!). Guess it just means they can hold onto your money for a little bit longer still!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you're no longer a customer, then there's always good old fashioned donkey post to the address on this page.  

Hi there @Daxa

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! I'd be happy to look into this further with you via a PM. 

I'll pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.