cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Listric
On our wavelength

I have been trying for some time to follow Virgin Media's own complaints procedure but Virgin Media will not do so. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you ever succeed?

26 REPLIES 26

I realise that this thread is quite old - but it is on topic for my experience these past three months.....

Customer service does exist - in small pockets of VM - but it is difficult to uncover.  Most of those I have dealt with have been well trained on being nice - but seem woefully inadequately prepared to give proper information or to really solve the problem.  Rather they push around the pre-prepared scripts until they realise that the problem isn't one they know the answer to - then it is passed on or (and this word is surely a joke) escalated.

I have now written to the complaints department in Sunderland - but I am not holding my breath.

The one that really gets me - and I see from other comments online - is the fact that you go to the "complaints form" on the (pretty rubbish) website - spend an age typing details and describing the problem in sufficient detail to ensure that they know what you are talking about - because you can be sure that they won't see previous whatsapp exchanges or webchat exchanges or notes on your account.  You press submit - go to "track your complaint" and get "there's nothing to see here" as the only message.... Quite ridiculous.

I have had a whole series of 'issues' with my account since moving house three months ago - most are largely sorted now - but the major outstanding one was raised as a 'ticket' to the "tech team" during a whatsapp conversation on the 31st August and is still unresolved - despite numerous 'reminders' from me.  It seems that there is no one who knows how to fix this one....

The issue is that despite Netflix being part of my package I am unable to link my existing Netflix account - despite numerous people telling me "you just...." - So I am still being billed by Netflix as well as by VM.  In fairness, I have managed to get a credit back from VM - however I don't want to have to keep coming back every month and claiming a refund - I would much rather the issue was sorted - as I guess other people have successfully done this process.

Hi GRMat158,

Thanks for posting this on the forums, I am truly sorry that you've had more poor experiences than good ones whilst trying to get issues resolved. I understand how frustrating this must be. 

I also understand why you would rather have your Netflix issue resolved rather than just getting a credit to cover the bill each month, this Netflix issue has been part of a wider fault and is still being looked into by the IT team.

I am glad you already receive a monthly credit to cover the cost of standard Netflix, this may need to stay in place until the IT team have fully resolved the issue. 

I'll be more than happy to check on the IT ticket for you, I'll send you a PM now to do just that.

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

nuraika
On our wavelength

FYI

I've moved over to Plusnet.  Gave up with Virgin.  They finally started paying attention after my letter.  Several calls offering various deals and special offers but only if I trade up to "better broadband" etc etc.  

Scare tactics about more dropouts cos bandwidth is lower etc on other ISPs, higher speeds etc on Virgin yadda yadda.

Strange I've had no VPN dropouts since switching and Plusnet handles our broadband needs without any problems... 

Just a quick word of thanks to Megan_L who has managed to do in a short exchange of private messages here what the previous couple of dozen agents could not achieve over the last few months on countless web chat, WhatsApp and phone calls.

If only all of VM customer service was as useful 😉

Hey GRMat158, thank you for reaching out with your kind words about Megan.

I will certainly pass them onto her and if you ever need anything again please do reach back out. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I am glad anybody could receive any help from anyone at virgin media because all I have ever had from Virgin Media, including from the entire 'customer service' setup, every virgin employee on this forum and every part of the management team I have encountered is lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.

If they do what they did to me they will force you to sign up to a third party company before they will give you any your data. That data will be incomplete. In other words they have shown utter contempt for the security and privacy of my personal data at every level of the company.

They are trying to trade on the Virgin name but have no material connection with Branson. I do not believe that any company that is documented like virgin media to use lies as a fundamental part of their business strategy should ever be allowed to get a licence to trade in the UK or EU. I urge every customer who is lied to by anyone at virgin media to document every interaction with virgin media and report the lies to your parliamentary representative. That is the only way it seems to get these scam artists to behave properly.

Listric
On our wavelength
I agree entirely. I have a great experience at Plusnet. I have never encountered the sheer volume of lies and disreputable behaviour at any other company, except other American companies, that I have documented in detail at Virgin Media.

They illegally sold me a mis-described broadband package I did not request and then blackened my credit record deliberately. The constant lying from every level of virgin media, the harassment, the constant failure to follow their own codes of practice and the way that they have deliberately constructed their 'customer service to actively prevent customers from getting any decent customer service should never be allowed in the UK.

Enough is enough. It is time to get virgin media's unacceptable American style practices and contempt for UK laws out of the UK for good.