cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Listric
On our wavelength

I have been trying for some time to follow Virgin Media's own complaints procedure but Virgin Media will not do so. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you ever succeed?

26 REPLIES 26

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Listric wrote:

Virgin Media ignored my first request for my personal information. Has anybody ever received their DSAR data on time?

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/

Listric
On our wavelength
Hi,
Thanks for your response, I will try that because Virgin Media has repeatedly flouted Virgin Media's own complaints procedure and wasted a lot of my time. They are currently still doing so.

Thanks again

nuraika
On our wavelength

I consider you lucky to have got that far.  recently i have tried to contact them both wrt VPN dropouts (a common occurance) and to discuss the hike in my monthly fee after the contract end.   Couldn't wait on the phone any more, tried email, tried text messaging ( Got palmed off onto a WhatsApp chat)

I have given up and sent a snail mail letter (Registered Post, so i will know it got there) to their Sunderland address advising cancellation and requesting disconnect.   Seems to be no other way to get thru and get a satisfactory response.

Listric
On our wavelength

Good luck. I would love to know how you get on as, given my own experience, their entire Customer 'Service' system is designed to stop customers exercising their rights at every opportunity.

Virgin Media's open contempt for the citizens of the UK is disgusting. I would advise you to take screen shots of every communication you ever have with Virgin Media and their scam Customer Service because my experience is that you cannot believe a word any of their agents say and they are likely to deny everything they ever told you. They will also tell you that they are recording everything on any telephone calls you are forced to make to them, except they will never listen to them and, as far as I can see simply delete them at their own convenience. They even sent a 'debt' they invented about us to a debt collection agency and left it there, even after they agreed we didn't owe them anything. They hounded and harassed us and tried to extort money from us. 

No reputable company would behave in this documented manner and no company should ever be allowed to operate a business in the UK in the mendacious way Virgin Media does. I intend to make representations to the appropriate committees in Westminster amongst other relevant bodies, including those regulating Virgin Media's performance under the UK GDPR. 

Don't give up.

Hi nuraika, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about your complaint. 

We are more than happy to take a look into your broadband issue and see if there is anything that can be done to assist. 

I will private message you now. If you would like me to look into this, please do respond. 

^Martin

nuraika
On our wavelength

This sort of thing is why I am so dischuffed with them.   I cannot seem to get through to anyone ex eot on WhatsApp.   Waiting for ages on a phone is unacceptable.  I have other things to do.  

I've decided to switch.  Not just because of the lower fees, but the firm I have chosen is among the top ranked in customer service.   Virgin is way down the list.   I suspect many customers aren't aware as they never try to get in touch.   

Listric
On our wavelength

Virgin Media are way down the list for Customer Service for a very good reason. Their Customer 'Service' is a carefully constructed scam designed to achieve the opposite of what should be Customer Service.

Taking your custom away is the only rational thing to do - given their utter contempt for the citizens of the UK.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nuraika

Thank you for your reply

My colleague has sent you a Private Message to look into your issue for you, if you're able to reply he will be able to get this sorted 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nuraika
On our wavelength

I will take a look.  However i have already made my decision after taking an age to get through with no satisfactory conclusion.

nuraika
On our wavelength

Agreed. Passed from pillar to post and back again both on WhatsApp chat and this morning on the phone.  Keep suggesting higher speed packs at higher prices than current (supposedly to resolve VPN dropout) and suggesting buying their biz support.  

Higher speed not needed (only 2 oldies who aren't into mass streaming and gaming) and wouldn't resolve dropouts.  lack of simple comms on customer support has also put me of.  I realise that the grass elsewhere is never as green as it looks, but sometime you have to make the change.