cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

gwilson6838
Tuning in

Just had my complaint back from Virgin Media. Response does not address any of the points I have raised, in fact I think it is a standard reply sent to all. Anyone else getting the same treatment?

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gwilson6838 wrote:

Just had my complaint back from Virgin Media. Response does not address any of the points I have raised, in fact I think it is a standard reply sent to all. Anyone else getting the same treatment?

Nonsense gobbledegook 'resolutions' from VM to customer complaints are regularly reported on here as well as complaints being 'resolved' without VM actually making any contact at all with the customer.

On another topic you were questioning the possibility of price rises within your minimum term after recently renewing with VM.

Is that what the complaint was to do with?

If so this topic would have been better merged with your original to keep all of the information in one place.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gwilson6838 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have an open complaint with us and you are not happy with the reply you have received. 

Are you able to elaborate on your complaint details and if it is indeed related to your recent price rise query? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

was offered new package by two agents with no price increases during contract when the contract was sent it had clause about price rises during comtract. I have asked twice about why £12 rise no one is willing to answer. I would guess whatever the % rise there is a £12 minimum. who knows what next years minimum might be

Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely. When did you change package and were advised you would be immune from future price increases gwilson6838?

Rob

I understand that 13.8% was an average but that does not explain why my rise was 17.3%

yes i was specifically told by two agents that the price of my new package would be fixed for the life of the 18 month contract

Now Virgin are asking me to ring and talk to somebody. Sorry the only communication I am interested in is via text or email. How can I be expected to believe anyone on a phone call

@gwilson6838 wrote:

I understand that 13.8% was an average but that does not explain why my rise was 17.3%

yes i was specifically told by two agents that the price of my new package would be fixed for the life of the 18 month contract

Now Virgin are asking me to ring and talk to somebody. Sorry the only communication I am interested in is via text or email. How can I be expected to believe anyone on a phone call

If your last renewal was within the last 180 days (the retention period for phone call recordings) when you were promised the fixed price minimum term, request a DSAR and obtain the call recordings to prove you were offered a fixed price minimum term

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

with a view to taking your complaint forward to Ombudsman Services

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Alternatively, find out who you would like to use as your new provider and put your notice in with VM under the 30 day price rise get-out clause and ditch VM.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

And just to elaborate on goslow's excellent advice, anything that an agent told you and you took into account when entering a new contract (or when considering whether to remain in an existing contract) is legally binding on the company, under Section 50 part 1 a of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which you can read here.

If they told you it was fixed price, and you agreed to go ahead, you have yourself a fixed price contract.  Stand firm, make sure VM honour that. 

have already submitted dsar. thanks for your help

yes thanks