cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Listric
On our wavelength

I have been trying for some time to follow Virgin Media's own complaints procedure but Virgin Media will not do so. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you ever succeed?

26 REPLIES 26

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Depends how you mean.  I successfully raised a complaint using the online form buried in My Virgin Media. This was promptly auto-acknowledged by email, and within 24 hours they'd issued a fob-off email resolution that completely ignored the issue I was complaining about.  I replied that this didn't address my concerns, explained again including the outcome I wanted, heard nothing (and nothing visible in "track your complaints" section of My Virgin Media), and after a further couple of weeks I got two letters by post - one a hard copy of the first fobbing off, the second responding to my reply, but again fobbing it off with a response that ignored the issue.

If you want to complain about the intentionally broken and ineffective complaints process, you can do that here, although any outcome will be slow and bureaucratic, and will be between Ofcom and VM, not about the specifics of your complaint.

If you still need to get the original issue of the complaint resolved, then you need to escalate the matter to CISAS, either eight weeks after you got a complaint reference from VM, or before that time limit if you reject the VM "resolution" and can get a deadlock letter issues.  If you're lucky forum staff may leap in and save the day, which would be easier than formal complaints and escalations.

TOSH1
Tuning in

I have put a complaint in.

On Saturday, I askede to speak to a Manager and was told that he was in a meeting and then was hung up. On Monday I requested a Manager call me and today is Friday and still nothing.

I have made a complaint and it has only been a week but I guess the complaints department have been busy and have numerous complaints to work through

This is link that I used -

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint 

Listric
On our wavelength
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been to your link already but with absolutely no luck. because Virgin Media keep lying to me. Virgin Media really do appear to think that they can make you go away by lying to you, bullying you, cutting you off, lying to you, putting you through to people who have no access to any emails that Virgin Media have sent you and did I say lying to you?

I will just have to escalate to all the statutory bodies and the media consumer programmes as I have given Virgin Media many opportunities to follow their own consumer complaints procedure with absolutely no luck.

Thanks again.

Listric
On our wavelength
Hi,

Many thanks for your help. I have used the link but unfortunately my experience is that Virgin Media simply lie as a business strategy and that they will never follow their own complaints procedure.

Good luck and thanks.

Listric
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply I will follow up. Virgin Media has fairly systematically lied to me and they will not follow their own complaints procedures so it appears that the VM Customer Service department is a complete sham and is designed to be a complete sham. I wonder how such a sham is allowed in the UK.

Thanks again

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider familiarising yourself with following document Read our Complaints Code of Practice  and then make sure to progress complaint through each stage's time frame and be prepared to raise complaint with independent adjudicator should it remain unanswered / unresolved.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Listric
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I know Virgin Media's Complaints code of practice that you referred to almost off by heart. Unfortunately, it seems clear that many Virgin Media staff either do not know Virgin Media's code of practice or choose to flout it systematically.

It appears that Virgin Media are afraid of talking to customers who actually know their own code of practice. There is no doubt that Virgin Media Customer Service is an utter sham and that their fundamental business practice is to systematically lie to people as I have documented.

Thanks again.

Listric
On our wavelength

Virgin Media ignored my first request for my personal information. Has anybody ever received their DSAR data on time?

Hi Listric,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you aren't happy with our Complaints handling, I will be more than happy to help further and get some further information around this reason for the complaint, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.