Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 61 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints

Hi @GAVINSEYM, @ vonnie63 @Richiek and @Danasmith24

I appreciate you have all had your respective issues but if we can ask that you all create your own threads for these issues and we can look at them on an individual basis.

Having multiple customers with varying different complaints or issues on the same thread gets very messy quite quickly and responses become confusing for others to read when we're picking up different issues for more than one customer.

If you can all start your own threads, we promise to take a look at this.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Richiek
Joining in
Message 62 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Just done that Karen A

0 Kudos
Tony4455
Joining in
Message 63 of 105
Flag for a moderator

This is rubbish, I phoned virgin on Monday 11September about an order I laced on line on the 5 sept,for a power line kit, I recieved an email stating that they would be in touch with in 48 hours, I heard nothing up and till I phoned 150 on 11 sept. I was told after speaking to 3 different people that the order was on there screen but for some reason that they did not know was not acted on, so I requested that the order be cancelled and that no money i.e. The cost of the kit £58.00 would not be added to my bill the customer service lady said that I would not be charged and she would put a note to this affect  . But on the 12 sept I received an email saying that the power line order was being sent out to me at a charge of £58.00. So I checked my virgin account and low and behold I was charged for the kit even though I cancelled the order and was promised I would not be charged. After calling them on the same day(11 Sept) and speaking to some one in accounts I was told that no refund would be given until I returned the kit,  well the email said it would take up to 18 days to get to me.  The agent was of no help what so ever, I am really dissatisfied with there service that I am now looking to leave virgin and go with some other provider.

0 Kudos
sarah062314
Joining in
Message 64 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I called up because I recived a note through the door saying work will be carried out today and that we will lose our services no prior warning!!
I wanted to make a formal complaint as I feel that at least 24 hours warning should have been given seeing as this work has been scheduled to take place.
This is not a fault this work has been planned. I have just been told that Virgin Media have the right to do this without prior warning at all!
I find this an insult to their customers who pay over 100 pound a month for the services. Not to be given at least 24 hours notice is telling your customers that you really don't care and that you're doing exactly what you want regardless.
A note through the door that morning and then to lose your services is not acceptable and is not good customer service.
Now being told that they won't take my complaint seriously and that there's nothing they will do about it at all. when asking the gentleman to put my complaint through he argued with me that his manager said that they won't do anything about it. Took me over 20 minutes to get the guy to put my formal complaint through to get a response from the complaints team. This is also not good customer service and the Poor attitude of the customer service advisor basically informing that they can do what they want they have the right to do so regardless of whether it's right for the customer. Absolutely disgusting. I will be taking my services elsewhere!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
a112wright
Tuning in
Message 65 of 105
Flag for a moderator

CALL!! LOOOOOOOOOOOL 

And do who or where do we call!!! Philapenes or India???? Such a poor service and customer care, they want your money but cannot help you when needed. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please advise of a place to call to actually make a complaint where a) someone can speak english b) that they can solve the issues without having to transfer to another team c) where they are not script reading to try and solve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Bearlongmore
Tuning in
Message 66 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering if you could help with something. We are having a major issue with Virgin Media at the moment. Complaint number is com 101746747 if you can help.

Timeline:
Back in September last year we canceled TV for our service.
Virgin Media did not cancel the TV for three months. First I thought it was a billing issue and that perhaps I had one or two months to go.
When I finally got the service changed I was told 'if it was that important you should have called us sooner'.
I asked to have a cheque to reimburse be sent through. Despite being told this would happen I ended up with credit on my account.
Then just before I moved to the US we had a period of about 2 months when the service was intermittent and Courtney had no access to the internet. I understand that this area is still having major service problems, 3 months later.
When we finally came to cancel the service in June when I moved to the US, I was told that we would be charged an early cancellation fee because I had only had them new contract for less than a year, despite being with Virgin for over two years. The new contract was never explained.
I stayed on the phone with the CSR and then spoke to a Manager, I believe called Catherine, who told me that the cancellation would be waived because of the poor service history and because of the bad service in the area. I was told the next payment for broadband would be my last.

About a month later a friend who is handling our post for us sent a bill through for £217 for the cancellation fee.

I then called about 3 times speaking to people in Manila and India before I finally got through to someone in the U.K. I was told that I would hear back within 30 days, and didn't. I've just called to chase and have been told that they won't waive the fee. I've asked for the call in May to be pulled and reviewed but with no result.

I've just called in now I'm back in the U.K., and have been told that they are no longer dealing with this and we need to take this up with an arbitrator which I really don't want to have to do now that I live in the US.

All in all I can't believe how bad the service has been, promises made and then not kept , no service, no contact even when a complaint had been logged. So if there is anything you can do to help, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Bearlongmore
Tuning in
Message 67 of 105
Flag for a moderator

The complaints handling is horrendous. Best thing is to call and select 'leaving' and then 'leaving for another reason'. You'll at least get through to someone in the U.K. If you end up being passed through to someone in India or the Philippines you may as well start again. Make sure you get a complaint number, name of the people you speak to and be prepared to chase! Our complaint has been going since May and still no resolution...
0 Kudos
Bearlongmore
Tuning in
Message 68 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Just had something similar- they are SHOCKING!
0 Kudos
omglagggggg
Tuning in
Message 69 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to get in touch with Complaints regarding an error on my credit file for an old address. They claim they'll be back in touch within 21 days, but it's a lie. No telephone number for them and they don't respond to letters or email. Getting to the point where I have no choice but to take legal action, I wonder if they'll ignore court documents.

I've been a customer almost non-stop for 14 years too!

0 Kudos
Mooredi
Joining in
Message 70 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Hi , just letting everybody know about my lovely dealings with virgin media today. Pretty much the same as has been said before obviously they all have the same "screw the customer " service training . I received an email from them about August time stating they are increasing the price by approx £5.00 per month- yet AGAIN- and that if I did not wish to continue with contract to phone them and cancel without charge. I did this as have had previous lack of customer service and did not want to pay more per month for the lack of it. I was passed through to disconnection dept and to cut a long story short was advised I would be given the following to get me to stay with them. They said they would reduce my cost per month to £62.01 wef October payment and that September payment would have a credit of £70.00 added to it making September's bill only £4.44 not £74 44. This was done and all was we until today without prior notice they took £117.00 out of my bank when I thought that October payment would be £62.00. I rang them up and was on the phonr for approx 1 hour. I was told that the £70 credit should not have been applied to my account and the person who did it did so in error. I explained what I had been told when I rang up but got no where with the first person I spoke to , she refused to acknowledge that the credit being applied and what I was told was not my error and that obviously I had been mislead and misinformed by virgin media. I said to her ok your saying i owe you money because the September full bill was not paid , so i suggested she keep the payment of £117.00 taken out today and if I owed her more to let me know and I would pay, but that I wanted to cancel the contract as that was what I originally phoned up to do in August and was clearly mislead with a pack of lies told to me to stay with them. She then put me through to a delightful person who Informed me it would now cost me in excess of £200 to disconnect as I was out of the "cooling off period" I explained that had i had not been when I rang up to cancel in August and was mislead . The person told me I had not paid my bill in September and that was the charge this month , as I said they had applied the credit and they had took only £4.44 not me and this was what I was expecting to pay. The person in question, Brett, made me feel.like i was trying to get something for nothing and not pay my bill. When I explained that I had now incurred bank charges and an hour's worth of mobile phone charges due to their error he started to argue with me about not having a phone in my house other than my mobile because then it's free to call them!! He also laughed at one point when I stated again that I was told the credit would be applied to my account and told me that his colleague had got it wrong. I asked to speak to somebody above him and he said there was no one, I asked who to I write to to complain and he said there was no one. He was argumentative,got personal, obnoxious and rude. I said I would cancel the DD to which he smugly said that my credit rating would go down and I wouldn't get another company to take me on. I have never come across such atrocious service in my life. I have now been in touch with the bank and got the DD taken back. I am sure this is not finished with them yet and I have had no response to their customer service survey they send you after the call. DO NOT EVER SIGN UP WITH VIRGIN Is my advice to anybody thinking of it and the more people now about their couldn't care less attitude to their customers who keep their company and jobs afloat, the better .
0 Kudos