cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints web form

Dalg
Joining in

I have tried to raise a complaint about my broadband issues but I am being told the link is broken or I have entered the wrong address. I have now had 4 days of problems with my broadband and I just keep being fobbed of and now I can't even complain about the service (or lack of)

31 REPLIES 31

emassey
On our wavelength

New installation date is 22nd Nov. How is that acceptable if you have placed the order in Jul?

Worst company ever. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS COMPANY.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate]

Hi @emassey thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

If we have pushed back the installation so far, it's likely due to a construction issue where work underground is required.

The delays are generally due to things such as getting a council permit agreed (which is outside of our control) for these works to take place for example.

I do apologise for this, but if there's anything we can do to help further then please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

emassey
On our wavelength

There is absolutely no evidence of anything done or even started. VM should be able to give me an explanation for the delay. They have not done that. Each time a date approaches you just extend it a little further.

The strong suspicion is that you are waiting for me to cancel.

I repeat again: WORST COMPANY EVER.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emassey

Thank you for your response.

I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way, as advised above this is either down to a construction issue or council permit being granted. The team will look to have you installed as soon as they possibly can, I can assure you of this.

My apologies for the inconvenience again.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@emassey wrote:

Snip....

I repeat again: WORST COMPANY EVER.

Well, OK, arguably, why, yes; yes they are, but in the meantime, were you given a firm original installation date? If you were then you should be entitled to compensation of some £5.60 per day for each and every day that the installation didn't happen after that date. Now you will probably have a bit of a fight to get it and end up escalating it to the industry adjudicator to get it - so so be it! Whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the VM install, just think about the compensation mounting up! You can always post back here for further advice of how to make a claim against them.

I see that the hoary old 'local council permissions are needed' excuse has been rolled out. This is true to some extent but these things usually take a matter of days to sort out - you could always contact your local council and ask if VM have even applied for any work orders, I fully expect that the answer will be 'no, why, should they have?'

OK here's what you do, assume that VM for whatever reason simply can't be bothered to connect you up, sign up with an alternative supplier but don't cancel anything. Once VM, or to be honest, their sub contractors, finally extract digit and get you connected up, you test the connection and immediately cancel within the 14 day cooling off period. You pay nothing at all but you know that the cables are all in place if you want to give VM another chance in the future.

Plus the slight 'schadenfreude' feeling of knowing that it would have cost VM some money to get you connected up and they won't receive a single penny back!

emassey
On our wavelength

Many thanks for your very detailed reply jem101, I really appreciate it.

Yes, the original installation date was supposed to be 23rd Aug (I have it in b&w in the contract).

It's absolutely amazing that no one from VM has given me a reason for this delay. There is no proof that anyone even attempted to do anything. Because of their incompetence I have been financially burdened in spending extra money to get a SIM card that provides unlimited data just so that I can work from home. I don't even take certain meetings on Teams because the bandwidth is so hot and miss that it can only be done on audio. This is ridiculous.

I just don't understand why VM can't give me an alternative internet connection until the hard wiring of the fibre. It seems to me that they are really really incompetent. I want to thank you again for your response.

That's why I will repeat: WORST COMPANY EVER. 

emassey
On our wavelength

Haven't visited this site for a long time.  To tell you the truth it's so depressing.  Here's an update:

The installation date was further pushed back to 29th Dec, without a call or email.  I just found out by checking the online appointments section. Obviously no one turned up on 29th Dec so I thought I'd check today (6th Jan 2023).  Guess what.... new installation date is for NaN / Nan / Nan (i.e. in dd/mm/yy format) . What the hell does that mean?

Now I am waiting on the phone being passed onto the pre-installation team, so I thought I would take the opportunity to post this update.

As I have said: WORST COMPANY EVER.

emassey
On our wavelength

BTW - the complaint that some nice administrator from this community helped me to raise on 14/09/22 still hasn't been addressed. Print screen is attached below.

emassey_0-1673027274339.png

What sort of company is this?

Hi @emassey thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised about this continuing issue.

Were the pre-installs team able to assist at all regarding what's happening or are you still speaking to them now?

Many thanks

Tom_W

emassey
On our wavelength

Hi Tom - I was talking to them and then put on hold. After 47mins the phone got cut-off. Even though the lady took my number to call me back, no one called me back.

Just so frustrated with this damn company..... and the worst thing is nothing can be done to punish their behaviour.

If you know the direct number to the pre-install team I can call them direct (and maybe save 15mins next time around). Quite frankly I am so p***** off that I feel l like cancelling my installation.... but then that would be letting them off the hook.