cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints - deadlock letter

debs7804
Joining in

If we submitted a complaint in writing (as in old fashioned letter, posted to the Complaints team at the Sunderland address), what do we do once the 28 days set out within their T&Cs has elapsed if we haven't reached a resolution / had a response?  Do we then send another letter?  It's pointless ringing, as we've got nowhere speaking to anyone on the phone so far, which is beyond frustrating.  We received a phone call acknowledging the complaint a few days after sending the letter, and the person hung up or got cut off, and didn't bother ringing back - and of course we weren't able to call them back, that would be too easy.  So they have another couple of weeks but if it isn't resolved we'll be taking it further, and will require a deadlock letter according to advice online.  How do we go about getting one if needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You can escalate to CISAS eight weeks after the complaint was acknowledged by VM, doesn't matter if the complaint is ignored, lost, rejected, or a resolution that you reject is offered.  You only need a deadlock letter if you want to approach CISAS before the eight weeks .

I'll flag this for the staff to advise, they can give the complaints team a prod, whether that gets the outcome you want I couldn't say.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You can escalate to CISAS eight weeks after the complaint was acknowledged by VM, doesn't matter if the complaint is ignored, lost, rejected, or a resolution that you reject is offered.  You only need a deadlock letter if you want to approach CISAS before the eight weeks .

I'll flag this for the staff to advise, they can give the complaints team a prod, whether that gets the outcome you want I couldn't say.

That's great, Andrew, thank you very much and for the info.  Wasn't really sure how/when to escalate, other than generic info I've seen online.  Thought a deadlock letter was 100% required so useful to know that's not the case.

Thanks for your post debs7804, and I'm sorry to hear of the struggle to have the complaint resolved

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll seek to look into this with you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn