cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint.

Anankha
Problem sorter

I’ve been waiting on Whatapp chat since this morning to renegotiate my contract & all I’ve received is poor service offering nothing apart from to add TV to the package in order to keep my custom. I mentioned many times I don’t want this. In the end I asked to cancel where I was put through to retentions @ 11.07am - I’m still waiting for a reply.

Whereas Sky answered within a couple of hours with their online chat & I got a great deal. They offered Broadband as well & tbh I now wish I’d taken it. Luckily it is on my account that I’m interested.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know you have spoken to the team Anankha. 

We are very happy the team have been able to help get this resolved. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Package change queries are outside the forum team's remit, and the app-chats aren't real-time.

You could do worse than to sign up with a different provider and get the install date rolling. Then go back to VM with a "last-chance" - you might find that calling is ultimately easier than using the app-chat platforms.

If you can get an agreeable offer from VM, you have 14days cooling off with your "other" supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I understand the chat isn’t instant but 6+ hours wait time isn’t good imo.
If I receive no reply to the message then I will call.

Hi Anankha,

Thank you for your post.

I am so sorry to hear you've had this experience when using our online chat to arrange a new deal, I appreciate that does sound frustrating.

I'm afraid that we are unable to assist with package changes here from the forums as japitts has advised, however have you tried giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 to discuss your account and package with us from there?

We do close at 9pm tonight, but we will be open from 8am-6pm this weekend and from 8am-5pm on bank holiday Monday 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

I gave up with messaging at 8:30pm as still no answer.

I haven’t tried calling as I thought messaging would be easier & quicker.
I’m disappointed to say the least.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anankha, 

Thanks for updating the thread. 

We are very sorry for any delays when contacting the team. Our messaging service is not instant response but a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Nat

I’m aware it isn’t instant but I didn’t receive any answer from retentions as late as 9:00pm from 11 am. This is not acceptable imo. I would be waiting days for an answer.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply Anankha.

We would expect the team to contact you today via the messaging service but to have this matter looked in to quicker, we would recommend giving our team a call. We can be a little busier over the weekend but I assure you, our advisers will be working hard to get to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Nat

Called & sorted out a deal, not as good as I wanted but near enough.
Thanks for letting me vent. 🙂

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know you have spoken to the team Anankha. 

We are very happy the team have been able to help get this resolved. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat