cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Steveo1914
On our wavelength

I’ve spoken to 10 different people in 3 different departments in the uk to try and resolve my complaint this has been going on for 3 weeks now with absolutely no contact from virgin media my complaint has been raised 3 times and now I want to raise the matter higher if possible does anyone know how I complain to who ever the ombudsman if possible please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, you'd posted in the "chatter & natter" section which isn't monitored by staff - your post has been moved to the account management section where staff will likely pick it up after a day or so. @Steveo1914  to make sure you pick this (moved) post up.

The telecoms industry regulator, Ofcom, doesn't handle complaints from individual customers, but VM does use industry arbitration (CISAS) which is explained on this PDF document amongst other places. If your complaint is unresolved after 8 weeks, or deadlocked before, you can escalate to them.

But... if you can explain some basic details of your issue, the staff in here will likely have a good stab at resolving it for you. And if they can, that will be a much quicker & simpler solution all-round.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, you'd posted in the "chatter & natter" section which isn't monitored by staff - your post has been moved to the account management section where staff will likely pick it up after a day or so. @Steveo1914  to make sure you pick this (moved) post up.

The telecoms industry regulator, Ofcom, doesn't handle complaints from individual customers, but VM does use industry arbitration (CISAS) which is explained on this PDF document amongst other places. If your complaint is unresolved after 8 weeks, or deadlocked before, you can escalate to them.

But... if you can explain some basic details of your issue, the staff in here will likely have a good stab at resolving it for you. And if they can, that will be a much quicker & simpler solution all-round.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Under the relevant scheme rules, VM have eight weeks to resolve your complaint (or dither and not resolve it) before you can escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, and they in turn will take a few weeks on top of that.

I'll flag this for the forum staff, who may be able to assist, but hold out for the outcome you want - it's quicker for you if VM will settle without going to arbitration, and it's much cheaper for VM because they'll avoid the expense of CISAS case fees (using CISAS is free to you, although CISAS won't accept frivolous or vexatious complaints, or anything outside their scheme rules).

Thanks for the reply 7 people in retentions and customer care can’t seem to resolve my complaint so not sure anyone on here can help was just after the complaints procedure when virgin media can’t resolve it 

That’s interesting thanks for that 

Thanks or your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Steveo1914,

Sorry to hear that you have an ongoing complaint without resolution. I have taken a look at the complaint details and can see that the  team has been in touch since your post and are working closer towards a resolution for you. japitts and Andrew-G are correct regarding CISAS, which is the 3rd party adjudicator. This step comes after the agent nor the manager was able to get things resolved for you. You can find out more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Yes I was advised that only a outbound call centre apparently can resolve my complaint and the outbound centre involved was messaged many times to contact me and had no response what so ever 

Thanks for your reply, Steveo1914,

It maybe true that there are certain offers or sales codes that are unique to the outbound team, however, that's not correct that only one team can resolve your complaint. Did you want to wait for this call or if you want I can send you a private message to see what other options are available?

Cheers,

Corey C

I would love you to resolve this issue please as I’ve spoken to 11 people in 3 different departments who cannot come up with a outcome please feel free to message me 

No worries, I've sent you a PM now.

Cheers,

Corey C