cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint resolution

Dan306
On our wavelength

Hi, new on here, wouldn't normally use this service but as I have an issue I was hoping this might help.

I recently complained about my Tivo service and package price. I received a response via email with a number to ring, unfortunately it was an overseas call centre and I couldn't hear or understand anything that was said.

I would like to know if there is a way to speak to someone based in the UK or if I can webchat with someone regarding my issues. I'm not sone kind of Alf Garnet it's just when talking about money/contracts I would prefer to understand 100% of whats being said. The lady I spoke to was friendly and polite but I had to ask her to repeat everything.  

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM has pretty much offshored everything to help fund the CEO's £4.5m basic salary before bonus and pension. You could patiently wait here for the forum team but it might take a few days. 

Dan306
On our wavelength

Really? It's that bad here too? Never used this before and honestly after browsing and seeing others have the same problem with no resolution makes me want to leave Vm.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dan306 wrote:

Hi, new on here, wouldn't normally use this service but as I have an issue I was hoping this might help.

<snip>  

You can try phoning in. Do so at 08:00 sharp when the lines first open for the best chance of speaking to a UK agent and getting through with least delay. Choose the 'thinking of leaving us' route.

If you just want advice/info on your Tivo service/complaint then the forum team may be able to provide that but they generally do not make those kinds of changes (package, billing etc.) via the forum. Someone from VM should reply here within a day or two.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your individual experience of course but VM just ranked 13/14 in Which?'s annual satisfaction survey of 4k people - managing to fall behind Talktalk... 

Dan306
On our wavelength

Cheers, I will try them again in the morning, I did go through the "I want to leave" route thinking I would be speaking to someone based in UK and I genuinely will leave if im not offered what I believe to be a good deal.

Dan306
On our wavelength

My parents, cousin and friends on my road are with Talktalk and they haven't got a bad thing to say about them. That's my complaint really I don't want Tivo just phone+broadband my friend down the road pays less than half what I do a month.

Dan306
On our wavelength

I've been on VM site for about an hour going round in circles. Is there even a chat bot service? I haven't contacted VM for a while now but my god it's *bleep*.

Please somebody post a link please.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dan306 

I notice from your other thread Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Complaint-resolution 

that you are wanting to change to a package that doesn't include a TIVO.

Sadly the Forum Team don't have access to regrade packages.

You should be able to access webchat by signing into My Virgin Media at the top of the page and clicking on the Change Your Package section (as shown in my screenshot at the bottom of this post) This method of contact isn't immediate as phone calls take priority.

@goslow  has already advised of the best method of communicating your package change in the other thread, 'call at 8:00 sharp when the lines first open for the best chance of speaking to a UK agent and getting through with least delay. Choose the 'thinking of leaving us' route.'

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp 0730 532 7112.
Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

MVM webchatMVM webchat

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dan306,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear of you're recent experience with our retentions team, this is not the service we want any customer to have.

Unfortunately, we're unable to deal with package changes from our community forums, as our retentions team have several different offers.

As our valued member @goslow has advised, you will be best calling our retentions team directly on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4 again, or use our messaging services on 0753 305 1809.

Please be aware when using the messaging services, it is not an immediate response service, however we will get back to you as quickly as possible. 

You can also check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals.

Kind regards Jodi.