cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint process

des2568
Tuning in

Can anyone advise how I can get a complaint taken seriously? I recently upgraded my package to TV 360 and Oomph bundle over chat. I agreed an activation fee if £25 and £99 pm. The CSA at the time indicated that Home Works was already on my package but when I directly asked who and when this was added he denied knowledge but would arrange to have this taken off. I was subsequently informed that he was actually responsible for adding this service at an extra £10 pm. When the bill illustration arrived not only did the homework’s charge remain but also an added £50 charge for vm tuneup. Up to now I have made contact on at least six further occasions yet despite assurances each time the un requested and fraudulent charges remain on my account and the latest formal bill. I have made two complaints and have reference numbers but have been informed they have been closed again without my knowledge or agreement. Having to wait 8 weeks in order to escalate this to the regulator seems inappropriate. Anyone advise how I can press the required button to get someone at VM to take my issue seriously and provide me with some help?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

How recently did you upgrade?

Hopefully a mod can help out.

I know complaints get closed all the time and you can only have one open.  Very rarely does the detail in a complaint get passed back to the customer.

des2568
Tuning in

The upgrade was agreed 3rd September. Just trying to get confirmation that additional charges have been removed and an explanation as to why and how the additional services / costs were added against my wishes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't get an explanation just a light apology for confusion around your order.

You certainly will never get any info disclosed to you in regards to a possible staff member being disciplined or sanctioned in whatever way VM do such things.

Under the terms of upgrades you have 14 days to cancel and revert back to previous package, and if you were previously outside contract you have the option of leaving altogether.  Any of that leverage should make them pay attention.

Use 150 and choose moving house/changing package/thinking of leaving us or whatever they say (option 4) do it early AM for expediency.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi des2568

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of this dispute and I am happy to assist further.

I'll be able to PM you now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill