cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint, not getting anywhere

Dizzwell
On our wavelength

So have had VM for nearly a month now upstairs is fast between 700/900mbps (current plan 1gig) cant complain at all its great, downstairs (bare in mind its only a 2 bed house) i get speeds of about 20/30mbps. big drop, if it was 300mbps and up i wouldn't mind, but down to 20/30 is a big drop. So i spoke to VM to try and order a wifi pod. (I had the same problem with my old ISP they sent me their version of the pod and it work) 

Makes sense to order a new one with VM, sadly i have made 9 attempts to order a pod and they have either been no orders placed or the order was cancelled, ive spoken to several people at VM and got nowhere. 

I have the new HUB 5x which apparently is a trial hub (this is from my own findings) i did not ask for this hub this was just what was installed. This "new" Hub is not compatible with the virgin connect app. i can not use this app to check for blackspots, I have run speeds tests downstairs in my house using fast.com and speedtest.net.

After 2 weeks of getting nowhere i put in a complaint a few days ago, today i received an email back with a resolution " turn the hub on and off and use the virgin connect app, to find the blackspots and order a pod charging £5 a month" i don't think the anyone at VM knows about this Hub 5x. 

The app doesn't work, (cleared al cache and uninstalled app)
I wont be paying £5 a month for a pod as far as i am aware if you are on the 1gig plan you can get up too 3 pods if needed, i just need ONE, that is all i am asking for. i cant understand why this is been hard work.

I have rang VM today and cant get through to anyone. is there anyone on here who can point me in the right direction or give me some more information on what i can do. 

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dizzwell 

You have a hub 5x.  Are you an  XGS-PON customer and in one of VM's network expansion areas?

If so that possibly why you haven't received a wifi pod.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

If you live in one of our new network expansion areas, you might not be able to get WiFi Max. We’re sorry about that, and we’ll let you know if it’s the case when you place your order.

Also, the info below is from /virginmedia.com/uploads/Wi_Fi_Max 

WIFI GUARANTEE WITH WIFI MAX TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions govern Virgin Media’s WiFi Max service. These terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions of your residential customer service agreement for Virgin Media Television, Virgin Broadband and Virgin Phone Services (the “Virgin Media Standard Terms”). Please read through these terms carefully.
1. What is the WiFi Max service?
WiFi Max provides eligible customers with our WiFi Guarantee, backed up by our Intelligent WiFi service and (if needed) our signal boosting WiFi Pods.
2. Who is eligible to receive WiFi Max and what do you get?
WiFi Max is available to Virgin Media residential broadband customers on packages of M50 Broadband or above, provided you are not taking services in any of our 2022/2023 network expansion areas

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Dizzwell 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on board. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your speeds and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Can I ask what exactly happens when you try to use the app? The app should be compatible with a Hub 5.

Hi Ashleigh,

Its not the Hub 5 i have its the Hub 5x, which is were i think the problem starts. In regards to the connect app i just get the same message saying "can not find the hub" make sure you are on the same network, with a yellow ! mark over the wifi sign. i have no VPN on or mobile data just purely on my VM wifi. I have also tried on a 2 different devices as well just to make sure and same problem. Thank you for the reply.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dizzwell 

You have a hub 5x.  Are you an  XGS-PON customer and in one of VM's network expansion areas?

If so that possibly why you haven't received a wifi pod.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

If you live in one of our new network expansion areas, you might not be able to get WiFi Max. We’re sorry about that, and we’ll let you know if it’s the case when you place your order.

Also, the info below is from /virginmedia.com/uploads/Wi_Fi_Max 

WIFI GUARANTEE WITH WIFI MAX TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions govern Virgin Media’s WiFi Max service. These terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions of your residential customer service agreement for Virgin Media Television, Virgin Broadband and Virgin Phone Services (the “Virgin Media Standard Terms”). Please read through these terms carefully.
1. What is the WiFi Max service?
WiFi Max provides eligible customers with our WiFi Guarantee, backed up by our Intelligent WiFi service and (if needed) our signal boosting WiFi Pods.
2. Who is eligible to receive WiFi Max and what do you get?
WiFi Max is available to Virgin Media residential broadband customers on packages of M50 Broadband or above, provided you are not taking services in any of our 2022/2023 network expansion areas

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Newapollo,

Thank you for that information, after reading the links you provided, its all making sense now.

I never got told any of this when placing my original order. But with the problems i have been having and the information YOU have provided its a hell of a lot more than what VM customer services have told me even the 2 people from the complaints team. All the Technical teams running checks on my line placing orders for no reason. 

I guess i must be a XGS-PON customer, (is there a way of checking?)

So Thank you for taking the time to bring this to me i really do appreciate it, just wish i was told this when i first tried to order a pod. 😂

Thank you for popping back to us @Dizzwell and I am so sorry for missing this and thank you to newapollo for their help so far. 

I'll be happy to check the account and confirm it for you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.