cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint not being dealt with

sjfarrell77
Joining in

I've had a similar experience here.

I have 2 complaints logged and now a 3rd submitted. Who deals with them? Mickey Mouse? Donald Duck?

I've never had such a bad experience.

You tell me to ring you but speaking to someone who understands English and can speak Good English is extremely difficult. I cannot understand what some of them say! 

So, as a result I see this as an extreme circumstance now and extreme circumstances call for extreme measures.

I've cancelled my direct debit until my complaint is dealt with properly. I will not pay for poor service. So it's up to you now. But if this ends up in court, so be it. I'm that angry with you now. 

Complaint references:

C-250223589

C-0203233

C-0803231907 

Over to you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do bear in mind that when you cancel your direct debit Virginmedia will promptly mark your credit file and send it to a debt collector.

The department that collects money is quite isolated from customer service and is the one section that works efficiently. They have no interest in whether you have a service or contract problem. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

sjfarrell77
Joining in

Fed up now,

Read all this please and I do mean all.

You Did not deal with 3 complaints now. 

I have phone, TV and broadband and a mobile phone with these people.

Phoning them is impossible to get to speak to a human being.

Live chat is a waste of time.

WhatsApp useless too, don't speak to people, you speak to a BOT.

3x complaints logged.

Not dealt with properly on any of these. All poor. All unsatisfactory.

So, I've told you all you need to know.

This is now causing me to take action.

Action being I'm cancelling my direct debit and paying nothing to you.

You need to understand where you've been awful.

Enough is enough. 

I'm done with telling you my issues. I'm done with being fobbed off with excuses. Time to hurt where it will hurt most. In your pocket!

Good luck. You may need it with me.

Trustpilot is my only reliable method here of getting a decent response out of these people.

Do not, I repeat do not tell me to ring you though, because it is impossible to speak to a person.

Complaint references:

C-250223589 

C-0203233 

C-0803231907 

Account number removed

Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Stephen Farrell 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sjfarrell77 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience that you've had to raise 3 complaints. And sorry to hear you've not had a response and for any inconvenience this whole experience may be causing you. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @sjfarrell77 

I have reached out to you privately.

Regards

Lee_R

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do bear in mind that when you cancel your direct debit Virginmedia will promptly mark your credit file and send it to a debt collector.

The department that collects money is quite isolated from customer service and is the one section that works efficiently. They have no interest in whether you have a service or contract problem. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Everything can be challenged.

No one has reached out to me privately?

As long as they move within the limits of the law, it's ok by me. I'm very clever. I'd not wish they underestimate me. 

I'm trying to write a really constructive reply here but it's kicked me off the forum 3x in last 10 mins. Not sure why, but that's another issue with your already poor and unimpressive service, perhaps you can explain why it's kicked me off for no good reason? This is causing more frustration.

Like I said before, 3 complaints is 2 too many. If you do refer me to a debt collection agency, this will result in consequences for you as well as myself. This may end up in court. I have rights and don't think a 'gentle threat' will sway me to give in. You have not been professional in your complaint dealing process so far. You've had chance to examine my complaints properly but in no way have you done this. I suspect it's due to either:

1, laziness

2, lack of attention

3, ignoring the complaint

4, not acknowledging the complaint

I'm happy to reinstate the direct debit, but only upon satisfaction the issues are resolved in the appropriate manner.

I hope I've made myself clear. I've read the small print in your contract, and I'm aware of my rights, you have made them clear to me. So I'm now exercising these rights. It is ok for me to do that. 

Over to you.

I had some issues with them a few years back, I went via ofcom (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints) and they dealt with it with the result eventually in my favour. If you have other things besides the complaint numbers such as emails or names/times when you contact them and what was promised, that will help greatly.

As for cancelling your Direct Debit, you do have rights but if you're under contract, you are obliged to pay regardless (yeah I know...) because otherwise VM will counteract with the fact you broke your contract and that may affect your case against them whether OFCOM or a court deals with it. You'd be best talking to Citizens Advice about this course of action though. If you have some spare time, have a chat to the bank and explain that you're paying via Direct Debit and explain the situation and they might be able to help.

Best of luck 🙂