cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Response

ebarnes97
Joining in

I made a complaint the week before last regarding my account. I got a response that stated my complaint and the resolution was ‘Customer Experience > Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal Feedback.   We hope this works for you’

That to me isn’t a resolution because no one has contacted me and I havent gained anything other than mowing that i have had my complaint registered.

What exactly is supposed to happen now as it says that my complaint is open for 28days. I am not going to can the customer service help line as the agents don’t help, hence me logging a complaint online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

What outcome do you want?  If you're hoping to drive change and improvement, then abandon all hope.  VM have worked tirelessly for 16 years to get customer service where it now is, they've bounced along the bottom quartile of Ofcom's Complaints Hall of Shame year after year, and they remain resolutely committed to cheap but often ineffective offshore customer service.  They know what customer experience is like, and the current performance is OK by them.

The best you can do with a complaint is to get a mistake put right, or some modest compensation for poor service.  If either of those are relevant and still needed, and you've received one of VM's world famous fob-off resolutions, then you need to reply by rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you then take the matter to CISAS.

Or the forum staff here sometimes save the day by sorting things out.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

What outcome do you want?  If you're hoping to drive change and improvement, then abandon all hope.  VM have worked tirelessly for 16 years to get customer service where it now is, they've bounced along the bottom quartile of Ofcom's Complaints Hall of Shame year after year, and they remain resolutely committed to cheap but often ineffective offshore customer service.  They know what customer experience is like, and the current performance is OK by them.

The best you can do with a complaint is to get a mistake put right, or some modest compensation for poor service.  If either of those are relevant and still needed, and you've received one of VM's world famous fob-off resolutions, then you need to reply by rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you then take the matter to CISAS.

Or the forum staff here sometimes save the day by sorting things out.

Hi Andrew,

How exactly do i get a deadlock letter? So i can take to CISAS

@ebarnes97 wrote:

Hi Andrew,

How exactly do i get a deadlock letter? So i can take to CISAS

Well you need to respond to the complaint 'resolution', clearly rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter - now this request may well be also handled with the same degree of kid-glove care you have already experienced, but in a way, if it is then that's good news for you.

Armed with a letter, you can escalate the issue to CISAS immediately, without one, you simply need to wait eight weeks after the date of your 'first' complaint to VM on this matter. After eight weeks you can go to CISAS anyway, but in your request for compensation, you also include and extra £30 or so for VM's failure to properly address your complaint and issue a deadlock letter when requested.

John

Hi John,

when I log into my account, it shows the complaint but doesn’t allow me to do anything, it just says ‘someone is looking into your case’ I can’t even click onto it. The ‘updated date’ says 21/11/22 which is the same date as my letter. So unsure what to do exactly

Hey ebarnes97, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some issues accessing your complaint.

Please can you try going to this link and letting me know if this works or not please?

You will need the complaint number which you should have in your emails. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The link works but i am only able to view the summary, there is no way of rejecting to accepting the response

Thank you for your response @ebarnes97.

Typically with the complaint response email/letter, towards the bottom of the letter, it should give information on what to do if you are unhappy with the given response. Are you also able to let's know what you were looking for as a resolution?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There’s nothing on the letter. I’m looking at a deadlock letter please

Hey ebarnes97, thank you for reaching out and confirming this. 

If you aren't happy with the response we give you in this letter this can be used as a deadlock letter. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?