cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Made Furious

om_spencer
On our wavelength

Hi,

I'm trying to get the issue of me paying more than what my contract states. I've made a complaint to virgin media and they say upon investigation my package is £133.99. I was told at the point of sale that it was £101.99 and that is what signed the contract for. It clearly states on the contract £101.99 with a £32 discount till 24th May 2022. Now i don't accept that investigation and i've tried to send a letter with a copy of contract but the complaints department is recognised as unserviceable through royal mail or any other courier. I don't want to call as i don't trust them anymore.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 100538.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  I've flagged this for the forum staff, they'll normally pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get exactly the deal you were promised, not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation.  If they can't get it sorted in that complete manner, you need to search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice and in particular the bit about escalating to the arbitration service CISAS.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  I've flagged this for the forum staff, they'll normally pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get exactly the deal you were promised, not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation.  If they can't get it sorted in that complete manner, you need to search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice and in particular the bit about escalating to the arbitration service CISAS.  

Anankha
Problem sorter

Technically your package is £133.99 but as you have a discount the amount of the DD should be correct (£101.99). Is the amount taken from your bank correct? If not & you’re paying the full price then there’s a complaint to be made. 
If you log in to your account what does the online contract say?

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hi Anankha,

The online account is exactly the same. I don't know how they can say theres no discount.

Thanks

What does the direct debit amount indicate? If you’re paying full price then it needs sorting out. 
Hopefully support will be able to assist on here.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hi Anankha,

They have managed to sort this out for me. It was thanks to serena on this forum.

Take Care 😀