cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for loss of service - virgin media

Samimwafa
Tuning in

Hi,

I have been left without broadband and phone line between 19th January 2022 and 11th Feb 2022 due to cable re-pull caused by your engineer on his visit.

This was supposed to be resolved earlier but it kept on being rescheduled due to construction workers not being available - or at least that is what I have been told when calling.

As per your guidelines(https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation) am eligible for "Automatic Compensation" "£8.06 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us" and "£5.04 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed".

Now, when calling your customer service -after being passed around from team to team, I found out that some team has decided I am not eligible for this and as a good gesture will the manager is going to credit £23 in my next bill.

When asked to be put through the team that decided this eligibility was told they don't have phone lines, asked to put through the manager was told she is not there and will be back in 2 to 3 hours.

Asked to be put through complaints department was told we don't have a complaint department. 

It has been more than 4 hours now and no calls from any manager - even though they said we will make it urgent request for a call-back.

This is utter rubbish customer support and disgusting way to deal with an existing customer. Sort yourselves out and get a better customer support and deal with your customers in right way. 

MY NEXT CALL WILL BE TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Samimwafa

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am very sorry for the service interruption you experienced. 

There are some exclusions regarding the auto compensation, however I would need some further information please to understand if these could of applied. Was it a total loss of service you had? Were you unable to connect to internet at all/no dial tone?

Could you expand on what caused the service fault please?

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes it was total loss of both broadband and phone line. 

We used to have issues with broadband dropping connection for couple of months, so called for an engineer and they replaced yhe hub but didn't work. 

On 19th of January an engineer came and said that he will check the box outside and he came back saying when pulling the cable the whole connection dropped and booked an appointment for that afternoon to replace cables and that kept being rescheduled until 10th of February, then on 11th an engineer came and connected everything. 

What you mean exclusion? If I dnt have broadband for nearly a month and not my fault, how is that not qualify for the compensation listed on your website?

Hi @Samimwafa thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear that your total loss of service automatic compensation has not been applied.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Samimwafa

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R