cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for TLS

caar14
Joining in

We had a total loss of service at 9am on a Friday and service was restored at 3pm the following Tuesday. As it wasn't a bank holiday weekend I would say they failed to fix the fault within 2 full business days, but does the £8.40 per day compensation only kick in for each 24hr period after those two days have passed in which case no compensation would be due?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@caar14 wrote:

We had a total loss of service at 9am on a Friday and service was restored at 3pm the following Tuesday. As it wasn't a bank holiday weekend I would say they failed to fix the fault within 2 full business days, but does the £8.40 per day compensation only kick in for each 24hr period after those two days have passed in which case no compensation would be due?

If you reported the fault to VM by phone, or via one of the automated tests, on a Friday at 09:00, then VM has two full working days to fix the fault before any compensation applies. In this case, that would be the whole of the following Monday and Tuesday.

If the service was restored at 15:00 on the following Tuesday, then VM had repaired the fault within full working days so no compensation would be due.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey caar14, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see there was an outage affecting you.

As mentioned we do have an  have an automatic compensation scheme here but to qualify services have to be down for 2 full working days . Please see the link for a full break down regarding this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?