cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation Model

sonjayb
Tuning in

Hi Virgin media team.

I have moved to new home on 26th April considering the same I have requested an engineer visit on 27th April. On 27th April the engineer came to my new house and not able to fix the issue and it was re-scheduled on 18th May. On 12th may I got an email and again it was rescheduled to 31st May and I was informed once the installation’s complete, I will be eligible for a bill credit as part of Virgin Media's automatic compensation scheme .

But Now I have received the first bill and nothing has been considered. I have also raised a ticket C-270522511, but it is closed without any information.

Not sure whom should I complain on this?

Regards

Sonjay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sonjayb, 

I can see that you had spoken with a member of our team the other day - was this not mentioned at the time? Also, the complaint you advised is close - is this the one that you confirmed for our team to close? I just want to make sure it's not relating to the same case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sonjayb, 

I can see that you had spoken with a member of our team the other day - was this not mentioned at the time? Also, the complaint you advised is close - is this the one that you confirmed for our team to close? I just want to make sure it's not relating to the same case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks for your reply,  till now mo one contacted me regarding this issue expect you .yes the ticket is closed without any response, not sure how can I get the response. Thanks

Regards

Sonjay

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for that - I am just wanting to know if this is the same reference/complaint number in which you have spoken to one of our agents the other day about? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks but this case is different not the same as discussed with your team.

Regards

Sonjay

Thanks for clarifying Sonjay.

I have checked our systems and can see you were assessed for automatic compensation under our scheme but was not eligible for a delayed installation credit.

You can read more about our policy here and the criteria in full.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@sonjayb If you have raised a complaint with VM, and the outcome is not to your satisfaction (for example VM's interpretation of what they should pay for delayed installation) then you can ask for the matter to independently reviewed by the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.  To be eligible, you must either wait eight weeks from the date of your original complaint, or you can go to CISAS before that, but only if VM have provided a resolution that does not in your view resolve the complaint, and you have rejected that, asked for and got a "deadlock letter".

Thank you for your response, Now I am confused with link you have shared, there are no information available for this scenario. 

I have a contract with Virgin media and based on service availability I moved my house, during this contract period Virgin media not able to provide the internet connection and I am also not able to break the contract. So what will customer do ???

Hope this make sense, Kindly let me know how to escalate further on the same. 

Kindly let me know if you have any concern,

Regards

Sonjay

Hi Sonjay, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Due to the nature of the way we provide our services, we are only able to give a provisional date of install. We then have a preinstall survey carried out to confirm if further work is needed or whether the install date can be confirmed. 

Where there is any delay, we try and ensure atleast 24 hours notice is given. At the time of the reschedule, the account is automatically assessed for compensation and if it's within 24 hours then you'd get a credit added. 

Once the work order is closed as completed, this also triggers a review of the account. 

As mentioned above, if you've not received any credit, this would mean that the account was not eligible. The link given to you above explains in detail where you would and wouldn't be eligible. 

If you have any further queries or questions, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your mail, unfortunately the rule that you have posted will never be applicable for any virgin media consumer.

In my case this was not a normal installation, I have a contract with virgin media and during this period I am not able to break the contract, but virgin media was not able to provide me the internet and still the compensation model not applicable to me.

Now my question is if i left the connection during this period virgin media definitely charged me for early disconnection.   

Can you please provide me a deadlock letter to progress further.

Thank you

Sonjay