cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection of my Equipment

rbrass
Tuning in

I have had a total nightmare since leaving Virgin. I moved address on the 9th of April to a new flat that cannot get Virgin, so had to leave. I was sent the original returns box but I could not for the life of me figure out how to put it together to return my equipment. 

I was sent a text offering to collect the equipment so I thought OK that's great. I texted back with my new address and arranged a date for collection via text. Happy days. But no, instead they just sent another box out to return it. So I went on to webchat which took over an hour to negotiate someone coming to collect the equipment - I was assured this would happen - then I get a text from my old neighbour from my previous address saying they had a package for me. Guess what it was, another returns box. 

I called Virgin, was on the phone for an hour and a half and was told that there will be an engineer round to pick up my equipment somewhere in the next 10 days. But no, another box. I called Virgin again and was told apparently there isn't even such a thing as an engineer collecting your equipment, so I've apparently been lied too?! Then she back tracked and said this CAN be done but only for people with special needs apparently, as if she was implying something as I couldn't put the box together. 

Anyway, I'm no further forward here and am now being threatened with a £40 charge. Getting texts and emails with these threats and I've done absolutely everything I can to try and sort this out. 2 hours on the phone, over an hour on webchat and then resorted to Twitter to which Virgin just sent me here. So...

PLEASE GET THIS SORTED VIRGIN as I am at my absolute wits end!!!

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you ask a friend or a neighbour to fold up the box for you if you don't know how to do it?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rbrass wrote:

I have had a total nightmare since leaving Virgin. I moved address on the 9th of April to a new flat that cannot get Virgin, so had to leave. I was sent the original returns box but I could not for the life of me figure out how to put it together to return my equipment. 

<snip>

PLEASE GET THIS SORTED VIRGIN as I am at my absolute wits end!!!

YouTube video explanation here on the VM help pages of YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhLByeNjn4&ab_channel=VirginMediaHelp

Thank you so much, mate. Not one person from Virgin Media has mentioned anything about this!

chrisbn
Joining in

I've also had a really bad experience leaving virgin. I've had a very similar experience as you.

I left because my new flat could not have Virgin, then eventually they send me a kit return plastic wrapper thing to put my hub in (no box however, strange?)

However on the same day they sent me an email saying an engineer could be arranged to Collect the Hub.

I chose that option simply because it was most convenient - and it was offered to me no questions asked. I was also slightly worried that the hub would get absolutely destroyed in transit back to Virgin!

So eventually the day comes where the engineer is supposed to show up - however there was literally nothing. No one came at all. I eventually waited an extra day and then went onto the web chat with Virgin, where, after going through two agents who seemed to just cancel the call, got to someone who advised me that they would just send another engineer.

That engineer was supposed to arrive yesterday but they also never showed up. This is annoying because I thought I could use this service while I wait for other deliveries for my new flat

I'm a bit tired of this whole deal now so I think I'll just bring the hub to a Collect+ point because it turns out to be far more of a hassle than I thought it would be! I'll simply just tell the engineer that I've already sent away the hub if he/she does ever show up. I hope the person in charge of this collection service sees these forum posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrisbn, 

thanks for your post and I am sorry you had issues with the collection/ sending of your equipment. 

I can feed this back for you and if you wish to raise a complaint regarding your experience, we can do that for you from here. 

Please let us know

Zoie

I managed to pack and return it after someone here was very helpful and sent the YouTube link explaining how to do it. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear it rbrass, thanks for keeping us posted. If we can help with anything else don't hesitate to post again.

Tom