cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing old account - opening new one - HELP

RATTUSACR
Joining in

Posting here out of desperation.  Am unable to get through to VM to speak to anyone - no idea what my telephone password is.

I sold my house in March this year, closed my Virgin Media account.  The account is still active in the sense that I can still log in to the VM website.

I have now got the keys to my new place.  I've decided to go with VM for my broadband.  I've got a new account number and area code.  I looks like I can add this to my existing account, but I in fact I can't, and it's just showing my old account.

Can anyone help me delete my old account?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RATTUSACR,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your account after signing up with us again. I can confirm that you will be unable to add your new account to your old account. You would have to create a new online account for this new package. It may also be the case your email is still attached to your old account. What error code do you get when registering again here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register ?

Please get back to us when you can,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A

Many thanks for your reply.  I only have one email address, so when I try to register, I get the following message below.  There is a link to register another account - which I have tried to do, but I end up back at my old account.

Is it possible to delete the old obsolete account, so I can register with my new one?

Many thanks

Account already set up

Looks like there's already an account set up with the email address below.

••••••e@••.com

Trying to register for a different account?

You’ll need to give us a few more details to help us find it.

Thank you for letting me know @RATTUSACR.

In this case, I will send you a private message to see how best to resolve this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem at all @RATTUSACR,

Happy to have been able to help with this. Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further help after.

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team