Menu
Highlighted
Quackydodos
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Closing my Dad’s Account

My Dad has been a Virgin Media customer a long time but sadly is now in a nursing home with dementia and no prospect of returning home, so I need to cancel his account with Virgin Media. 

I called the call centre and had a very frustrating conversation with someone who clearly had never come across this situation before showed very little empathy and made a very odd suggestion about how I might close my Dad’s account. This involved transferring everything into my name at the cost of £20 then closing it. I was obviously not happy with this so I asked to speak to his manager and my call was eventually cut off. 

I then decided to write to Virgin’s Swansea office and sent a letter and a copy of my Power of Attorney by recorded delivery. This time Royal Mail seem to have let me down and lost my letter as no delivery confirmation details are showing on their tracking site. I suspect my letter may have actually arrived and they failed to get a signature, but I have no way of contacting Virgin’s Swansea office to confirm this and I have received no reply yet.

This is all extremely frustrating and I feel I’m running out of options other than cancelling Dad’s Direct Debit. I notice another forum member has had a similar problem cancelling the account of a loved one who has gone into care and someone from Virgin has helped them via these forums, could you possibly help me too?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Closing my Dad’s Account

Morning Quackydodos

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages. 

We are sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty closing the account.

We'd like to see what we can do to help on here.

We'll send you a private message in a few moments to get some more details.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos