cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat history

belmet84
Joining in

Can you tell me if there is a way to view your chat history conversations. I signed up to a broadband option that i discussed through chat because i was promised i could cancel at any time as i knew i didn't need the service for a full 12/18 months. Just realised when ive gone to cancel that I've been signed up for 18 months. I have my notes i made whilst having the conversation. I've written that i can definitely cancel at any time. I just need to be able to view the actual history. Is this possible? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was this a "new customer" sign-up or a "change of package" on an existing account?

I think you'll probably struggle to obtain transcripts of online chat histories unless you specifically saved them at the time, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Was this sign-up/change within the last 14-days for a standard cooling-off cancellation to apply?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No it was a change of package that we actually went on the higher package hoping that would sort the issues but didn't so that's why we want to leave and that's why i confirmed that we could cancel anytime. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi belmet84,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I'm afraid that I can't see a copy of the chat transcript on your account notes, and there is no reference to you being able to close the account at any time. If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get back in touch,

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@belmet84 wrote:

No it was a change of package that we actually went on the higher package hoping that would sort the issues but didn't so that's why we want to leave and that's why i confirmed that we could cancel anytime. 

When was this chat conversation?

If this resulted in a change of package, you should have received an email a day or two later, with the revised contract - which should also be available fom your "myVirgin Media" online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks