cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Chat History' for change of TV Box

thompa
Up to speed

Hi there,

I don't know if my memory is failing....

Two days ago I enquired about changing our old Tivo box to a 360 in order to access  a UHD signal for our new TV.

The person at the end of the 'Chat' told me, I thought, that the cost was a one-time fee of £24.95. I had enquired a few months back and was told it was £60... but after checking, the Virgin Assistant that time, said it was now £120 so I declined to proceed.

Yesterday I received an email confirming the 'one-time' cost was £49.95! I was hoping I could verify the information I was given in the 'Chat'. If it is my mistake then I need to pay more attention... but I hate being misled.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you currently have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

You don't need a 360 to access UHD, the V6 - which runs the exact same software as your TiVo - can support 4K UHD perfectly well. The 360 & V6 both use the same physical box hardware, just run very different software.

Regardless of whether you just swap for a V6 running TiVo-software, or a 360-running Horizon software, you'll need Virgin broadband at home. Do you have this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thompa

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you've been advised different prices in regard to the upgrade, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Different departments may have different offers available, and these offers are always changing so the price quoted may have been dependent on this. 

Have you managed to clarify the charges and get this sorted? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there,

Thank you for your post - appreciate it.

We had the a Tivo - not an H6. WE had big issues with pixelation which we so far haven't had with the 360 and BBC iPlayer took an age to load - much quicker now.

Also like the voice control and ability to record up to 6 programmes rather than the limited Tivo.

So far so good... the only issue was the delivery with Yodel who sent a message I had signed for the box - when there was no-one home and it took a sleuth to find the parcel!

regards,

Allan

Hi there,

I haven't sorted the matter yet...

We received the new 360 box and installed it without any issues... but I would like to be sure of my ground before I complain... That is why I was trying to find out if there is a 'Chat History'. I want to check what I was told..... although I am pretty sure, I am not definite.

Is there a chat history?

thanks,

Allan

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your TiVo was faulty if a box-swap has cleared pixellation.

V6 & 360 both have 6 recording tuners.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @thompa,

Can you please confirm if the fault is still there? Or if this is now resolved?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

What a 'roller coaster ride'!

360 box working well and then we noticed, as we eventually went through lots of channels, many of them showed a CS2004 error.

Went on Chat with Virginmedia and after an hour and a bit, had arranged for a technician to come and sort out the problem.

After installing bigger coax cable and a powered amplifier, we now have access to all of the channels we pay for.

There are some quirks with navigation on the 360 box, like the guide started with channel 8 at the top and not being able to go to a lower channel number by going upwards. Another quirk is the renumbering of channels in each profile which is not helpful!

Still learning, though!

Allan

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Allen,

The Shared profile  channels start at 100, any extra profiles you set  up start at channel 1. Pressing the profile button on the side of the remote to switch enables you to switch to different user profile.

The Channel Up and Down keys (opposite the volume keys) move the EPG one page at a time.  However, if you use the Up and Down keys in the spherical OK pad then you move a channel at a time.

You can use the speech button to navigate to channels eg, go to 101, ITV HD.

The 360 took me a couple of weeks to get used to, but most of it becomes intuitive.

There's lot's of useful info on the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for that.

Appreciate you posting the link.

Regards,

Allan