cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging me for a long time cancelled account

Jimmyshin
Tuning in

OK, so how any company can be so incomptent is comeletely beyond me. Phoned and cancelled 24/10/21 - (they have a recording of this call) - apparently I then 'cancelled the cancellation', which is complete bollocks (and despite numerous requests they can't provide me any recording/email etc - this seems to me very much like some nobhead trying to meet quota? Which I'm sure 'don't exist') So, they carried on billing me. Several attempts to try and sort out with the incompetent **bleep**wits in the call centre, finally ended up speaking to someone who assured me it was all fine (January/feb this year maybe?). Now however I have a shiny 'default' on my credit file at the exact time I'm trying to get a **bleep** mortgage. Was told someone else would phone me within 24 hours (that was last Thursday). Still waiting....

So, serious question, how the **bleep** do you get away with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

This may be useful:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-incompetence-when-trying-to-leav...

Forum staff may be able to sort all of this out for you, and that will be quicker and easier if they can.  Against that, you might want the independent review of the matter by CISAS (and VM get clobbered for several hundred quid in case fees if you need to take a complaint to CISAS).  The complaint to Ofcom needs to be made because VM are a serial offender regarding cancellations. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

This may be useful:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-incompetence-when-trying-to-leav...

Forum staff may be able to sort all of this out for you, and that will be quicker and easier if they can.  Against that, you might want the independent review of the matter by CISAS (and VM get clobbered for several hundred quid in case fees if you need to take a complaint to CISAS).  The complaint to Ofcom needs to be made because VM are a serial offender regarding cancellations. 

Thanks for that, some useful info there - have raised with Ofcom and opened a CISAS complaint, will see if VM start being helpful

Hi @Jimmyshin thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that there has been an issue around your disconnection and billing as a subsequent consequence.  I would love to take a look on your behalf to see if we can resolve this for you.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R