cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged late payment fee but I am direct debit.

craigtea
Tuning in

Hi, my last bill I was charged a late fee of £7.50 because I did not pay my previous bill, but I have my account setup as a direct debit and VM just did not take any money from me on that month (never got any form of email or call stating I had not paid or that there was any issue with payment not being received), but have had no issue having funds taken out this month from them...

I have also tried to do the online complaint form now two times over span of 5 days, and keep getting the same asterisk as complaint number, and then when checking later, there is no complaint listed.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 9.09.42 am.pngScreenshot 2022-09-25 at 9.09.56 am.png

Can a staff member please help?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome craigtea and I hope that you have a great rest of your weekend too 🙂

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @craigtea,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome craigtea and I hope that you have a great rest of your weekend too 🙂

Regards,

Steven_L

Ronmakh
Tuning in
Hi craigtea, I am also experiencing the same problem and would like to know how they resolve it if that is alright?

Hi Ronmakh, yeah it got solved. I messaged with a staff member I think with their website message service, and explained that my bank was setup/connected weeks prior to payment but their system did not take the money. They staff member checked and confirmed and they just added that amount taken as credit to next charge, and all good now. 

I would just tell them the dates you had setup your card payment, normally you get an email from VM confirming the info, may not be needed, but would stop them arguing with you if they decide to. Good luck.

Hi Ronmakh, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue. 

I can see I've already picked this up with you via your own thread here: VM not taking my direct debit payment

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply via private message and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs