cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged full price following move

noddybox
Joining in

Hello all

I've recently moved houses and taken my Virgin media with me.  When I was moving I was told I could take my current offer (can't remember the discounted price unfortunately) but I've just had my first bill at the new address and it's for the full price.

Anyone know the best contact to see about this?

Cheers.

Ian

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there noddybox, thanks for posting on our forum page with your issue.

We're sorry to hear of this issue with your bills after you moved addresses, would you be able to check if the bill is your first bill (we do move you to a new account when you go to a different address and move your services along) and whether it's billing you for 2 monthly periods perhaps?

This happens only on your first bill with us and the ones to follow are half this value, let us know what periods you'be been charged for on this bill.
Would you also be able to check if you had any emails from us about your services and price recently?
If so, is this confirming the correct deal and value that should apply?

Let us know of the above and we're eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Adri

Yes, it is for two months, but two months at full price (I've editted and removed the price in case I wasn't meant to post it for security reasons).  I didn't get in touch earlier as I was told when I moved the first invoice would be at full price, but would be adjusted when taken, which it hasn't.  Previously I was paying somewhere between 80 and 90 pounds.  I can't get the exact figures as the website doesn't show your old bills when you move, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Ian

Hi @noddybox

Thank you for the update.

I will send you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide