cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for free setup

z80dan
On our wavelength

I signed up for Virgin broadband and phone last month and everything went smoothly with the delivery of the quickstart kit and activation.

I've just received our first bill and it looks like we've been charged £35 as an activation fee. At the time of signup the package was offered no setup fee (which is shown on my confirmation email). Could someone send me a PM so it can be looked into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @z80dan,

Welcome to our Community Forum, thank you for your first post! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your first bill and that you have been charged for the activation fee when you signed up for an offer with no set up fee,

I can understand that this can be very frustrating. I was able to locate your account on our system and in order to discus this further, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before we can do this. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of the Forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @z80dan,

Welcome to our Community Forum, thank you for your first post! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your first bill and that you have been charged for the activation fee when you signed up for an offer with no set up fee,

I can understand that this can be very frustrating. I was able to locate your account on our system and in order to discus this further, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before we can do this. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of the Forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

z80dan
On our wavelength

Thanks @Paulina_Z! 😀

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @z80dan,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over Private Message.

I'm happy that we were able to resolve this issue for you and providing, proof of your order, we were able to credit you the activation fee.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team