cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for free activation fee despite being promised an account credit after first complaint

zcecemc
Joining in

Signed up for a Virgin Media M100 broadband package online back in January 2022 that offers free activation fee. However, this was charged to my first bill.

I then called customer helpline who initially gaslighted me saying no such deals exist (ofc VM no longer has it on their webpage now, but there’s plenty of other news outlet / blog posts containing information on the Jan deal). He then tried saying that ‘it’s just a £35 activation fee’ but hey I chose to sign up because I was promised it will be free. Otherwise, I would’ve gone with the other providers. After continuously expressing my frustration, he then promised me that VM will credit my first bill as a ‘goodwill gesture’. I asked for a follow-up email confirming this (as I knew the following will happen based on how VM has been treating their customers complaining about this same issue), but he reassured me saying no such thing is needed as it’s on the system. Fine, I mistakenly trust VM again and waited on that credit on my account.

No, I never did receive it and is now charged a late payment fee as I had initially refused to pay without having that activation fee deducted. 

Please could I have someone assist me on this issue without further taking the **bleep**? This is my last resort, I’m seriously considering cancelling my contract at this point because of the very poor handling of this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zcecemc,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive a free set up fee as initially promised in your package when you signed up, and to hear of the experience you had in trying to get this rectified. 

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you. I'd love to help get this sorted.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Many thanks

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zcecemc,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive a free set up fee as initially promised in your package when you signed up, and to hear of the experience you had in trying to get this rectified. 

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you. I'd love to help get this sorted.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Many thanks

Beth