cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a service i did not order nor use twice

Riowilson
Tuning in

I have been charged twice £7.49 and when I want to find out what it is virginmedia can't tell me BUT still charge me, why should I pay if they can't tell me what for only me and my wife have the code and both know we have not ordered nor do we intend to order and now we have found hundreds of virginmedia customers say the same phantom charges, this is unacceptable and If it is not corrected I will sue it is basically theft from me,

I have diney, netflix and prime tv so why would I order a film or even music so someone is claiming my hard earned money £14.98 is a joke and to add virginmedia had the cheek to say I owe £50 from my previous bill only to come back to me and say it was sent in error if this is right then it is possible I was charged in error too.

I hope virginmedua see this and fix it or I will take it onto social media sites

10 REPLIES 10

ozsat
Superstar

Can you post an image showing where the charge appears?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Screenshot_20220305-085539_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220305-085523_Chrome.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your second screenshot has been rejected because it contains identifiable information, but I can see it.

The explanation for the additional charges are lower down on that same photo. I also note that the date of the two charges differs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi do you have a landline with virgin if so it might relate to that, sometimes people don't realise certain numbers are not included in their deals. Regards Micky

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Riowilson, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

As @japitts has mentioned, the charges displayed will be on your e-bill that you've screenshotted although this isn't visible on the community.

If you expand the column that says "usage charges", it will give you extra information on what type of content was purchased as well as the dates too. For all purchases through your set top box, you'll be made to enter your 4-digit PIN and these can only occur through your box directly within your home.

I do hope this helps explain things further but please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Its not for telephone calls it is apparently something else and yes the days are separate but so has everybody else's charges come on when I say we did not do this we really did not do it,.it is now getting frustrating as im disabled and with other problems it just adds to the stress of everything

It will only give me a date and no time and won't give a content only we have been charged it doesn't say what for mind blowing so I have to take there word for it sorry not happening only me and my wife have the pin code and we are both over 50  if the grand children want to what we govern it and we really penny pinch watching what we spend.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of a little bit of forum advice, rather than adding multiple replies you can edit a post to keep all your comments in the same post - select "edit post" in the top-right of your message for a short time after posting.

@Riowilson wrote:

Its not for telephone calls

The only person who's suggested this is, is littlemick above - he doesn't have the advantage of seeing your bill breakdown that you tried posting. This contains personally identifiable information so has been moderated away from the public forum.

Tom_W1 has given as good an answer as anyone will be able to via this publicly-visible forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Riowilson 

As a Forum VIP I was able to view the image that had been rejetced (it contained your home telephone number)

The extra charges are for, 'additional feature (18) virgin' - this is the code for adult movies.

They do require a pin number to be entered before the order is accepted. 

I'm not saying the following applies to yourself, but it's information that may help others who may look at this thread and wonder how this could happen if it isn't a VM billing error.

Have you changed the default pin number on your VM set top box? If not then someone may have entered the default pin.

The default pin is easily found by performing an internet search (not just for VM equipment, but also Sky, BT, even freeview set top boxes and most equipment) It's also printed in the manual for the VM set top boxes.

Also if someone already has access to VM from say their home residence, or was a previous VM customer then they would be aware of the default pin

basically if anyone been staying at a VM (or Sky for that matter) customers house then they could have ordered and watched chargeable content by entering the default pin if it hasn't been changed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali