cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged early disconnection fees for moving home

TheonShun
Joining in

Hi, I moved to a new address in September. In the beginning of Sep I got a bill said Virgin Media need to charge me £133 for disconnection but I am still with VM. I called and they said they will due with it. They updated the bill and the amount became £174 with £133 owned from last bill, £28 for broadband, £13 for package change. I only use the broadband service so theoretically I only have to pay £28. But when I spoke to VM they always say that it's the problem of the system and a lot of excuses. Eventually they charged £133 by direct debit, but the bill  £174 is still there. I disputed the £133 and paid £174 for adjusting the system. The staff said I should pay for it first and raise a dispute. Now I still need to dispute £146 which I shouldn't pay for, and the bank said it might not success.  Such unreasonable charges and deliberate delay by the staff make me feel like VM is on purpose. I feel like this is a scam! Can any VM staff here give me a explanation that why VM can't just adjust the amount manually and fix the problem with the easiest way? 

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheonShun,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your bills looked into, I am sorry if this has happened after your house move. 

I am also sorry that the agents you spoke to haven't been the most helpful in this situation, we would always try to amend an incorrect bill either ourselves or through a manager. We do not ask a customer to pay an incorrect bill and then raise it as a dispute afterwards - I will get this fed back to whichever agent said this. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can get this looked into and raise a formal complaint. 

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheonShun, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our extensive PM's, I hope my assistance and advice in this matter was helpful, I am happy that I managed to shed some light on this for you. 

If you encounter any further issues with your bills, please don't hesitate to come back to us!

Thanks,

Megan_L