cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge double on bill and fexi fee for moving address

James85852021
Tuning in

I would like to know why I've been charged £150 on my new bill when all I did was move address and said it would only cost £20 to move , I've been charged fexi fee as well I had to pay out my last bit of money today because of this to stay connected because it would upset my baby son without internet , phoned virgin they was very rude , had me on hold for over hour which has cost me as well, it also looks like they made me a new account when I already had one and only asked to move , I think they should give me £150 credit back for what they have done to me, because of this I'm thinking of moving to another broadband provider now , that was last bit of my wages I had to pay virgin and all I ask virgin for is to move address , well out of order from virgin , how about you give me £150 credit for being a loyal customer, can't believe had to pay that much and fexi fee for moving address , I'm going to put a complaint in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They changed my account number and charge me a £45 fexi fee as well and all I asked for was to move house I had to spend the last bit of my wages to pay it today I think they should give it me back as it's there mistake somewhere and cost me loads call cost to them then get put on hold for nearly a hour

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @James85852021 

Sorry to see there seems to have been a lot of confusion on your bill when moving home.

There is a £20 fee to cover the cost of transferring your services to your new address.

It's possible that VM didn't take a final payment from your old address and instead transferred it across to your new address.

Double check your bank statements as that may show that VM haven't taken a direct debit for that month as you were in the process of moving so that the  bill would have been transferred across to your new address.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "fexi fee"

The following page and screenshot below should explain your first bill when moving.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/bill-explainer/current-bill-explainer 

Moving BillMoving Bill

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No Dont have direct debit and no my bill was paid and up to date

They changed my account number and charge me a £45 fexi fee as well and all I asked for was to move house I had to spend the last bit of my wages to pay it today I think they should give it me back as it's there mistake somewhere and cost me loads call cost to them then get put on hold for nearly a hour

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @James85852021,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear that you have been overcharged after your house move, this is clearly an error that I would be happy to look into further for you but would need to do this via a private message. I will send this message over in a moment, please look out for the message and we can get this looked into.

Regards,

Steven_L

michellekelly11
Just joined

I payed for my online which I got a confirmation email but when looked at my bank you charged me a second time. I can't get through to customer service by telephone 

Hi @michellekelly11,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having billing issues and issues when trying to contact us. We can understand the confusion caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, was this for a house move or the start of a contract? Are you able to further expand on this so we can best understand and assist?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All sorted now

Glad to hear this @James85852021.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kensevo
Joining in

Hello I have the same thing, 

I moved house and now my regular monthly bill has been doubled, I would normally pay £29.99 a month and after moving I was charged £131.64.

Kensevo_0-1666726277113.png

Not only that but now I cannot log into the app as it also changed my account number.