Menu
Cazzi57
Joining in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing packages

Thanks. I don't think I was asking too much after all the thousands they have had off me over 25 years. As stated there were no discounts all those years ago. In recent years I was paying about £90 a month and the last year it has been £70 after someone told me I should phone and ask for loyalty discount. Once I got back on my feet I probably would have upgraded again but will now have to cancel my entire package.

Cazzi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We do value all of our customers and we apologise for any disappointment which has been caused. 

We will be sorry to lose you as a customer if you decided to leave us Cazzi57.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Cazzi57 wrote:

....but will now have to cancel my entire package.

Cancel it right now.  Then you will see an order under order tracking.   https://my.virginmedia.com/trackorder/view-orders

During the 30 days it takes to cancel your order I can 99.9% guarantee you will get called by someone who will make you an offer that is nearly as good as or even better than a new customer offer.  Now you could take this offer or play a little brinkmanship and not take it and see if you get a second offer (can't guarantee this but it did happen for me).

And if a day or two prior to the disconnection you haven't got a good enough offer but you decide to stay anyway...

Changing or cancelling your order

If you've had second thoughts and want to cancel your order, unfortunately we can't do that online, so please contact us.

And then once your services have been re-instated.  Cancel them again and await an offer.

Alternatively get you broadband, phone and TV elsewhere.  Some good fibre offers out there.

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If every VM customer cancelled every 12 months, there would be no new customer discounts as VM would have to appease the departing customers or be faced with a deluge of V6 boxes or superhubs.  IMHO it is madness to let high ARPU customers go when you are renting out equipment like this.  I don't know what the equipment costs have been over my 15 years with VM, but I think I have had over half a dozen TV boxes and four or five hubs, so this must be a significant outlay.   

It's a silly game that is played out at the end of a contract.  But probably only by a small minority of customers.  I suspect the majority of customers just pay the full price year on year.

0 Kudos
Cazzi57
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My faith in Virgin Media has been restored. After speaking to someone a few days ago who was more concerned in running other companies down I phoned again last night to cancel my whole package. I was all set to change to Vodafone. I spoke to a lovely helpful man who offered me an extra £5 a month off the quote I had been given last time. He also put £30 credit on my account and said I didn't need to give 30 days notice to downgrade my package to broadband only (which I was told the other day that I would need to do this). Certainly does make a difference who you talk to. 

Cazzi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us with the update Cazzi - it's great to hear the 2nd member of staff was able to turn things around 👍

Tom_F

0 Kudos
diamondlads1924
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi still hanging on listening to music...37 mins.....lady said she would check re my request to downscale to broadband and phone only with an offer before I have to go elsewhere after 16 yrs as a customer of VM/NTL....pleasant lady but no response back so far...into 70s now so no real need for such a range on existing TV package

I see new customers are being offered a really good deal for B/band and Phone only....with the equiptment already on site here...I hope VM can retain us with an attractive deal...service over the years to us has been in the main very good....

Hope to hear back soon now up to 43 mins listening to music

JF...

0 Kudos