Menu
Highlighted
len79
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Changing packages

Is it possible to close my fixed term contract for broadband, telephone and TV and open
a new one with fast broadband and landline? The 2% of TV channels which are of interest
can be received over Free-to-air so I would like to get rid of the TV component.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing packages

You can cancel the TV but it won't make much difference to your package price. You need to ring customer services and go through to cancellations.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @len79 

You won't be able to close your contract as an existing triple play customer and start a brand new account as a dual service customer, but as wonkotsane said, you can remove the TV services as an existing customer via the retention's team.

If you give them a shout during operating hours via 150 from your landline with VM it's free to call, and they can look at a different deal for you with Phone and Broadband only.

You may get a loyalty offer with this alternative package option too. These are usually decent deals.

Cancelling one service and remaining with the other two and a replacement discount offering will put you into a new 12 months contract with VM.

Give them a call and good luck. 

I hope you get a package that suits you and at a price you're happy with. 

Cheers

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
len79
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kaz.  I might go for the highest broadband speed as well.

0 Kudos
Cazzi57
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have just tried doing this as am really struggling financially due to personal circumstances. I have been with Virgin Media since the 1990's. When I said the price I was quoted was higher than new customers and also I could get it cheaper elsewhere the person I was talking to was more interested in running the other providers down. I don't think that after 25 years it was too much to ask for a price match. Looks like I will be going elsewhere.

Cazzi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazzie57,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a package to match new customer deals.

I am aware that our new customer deals are cheaper after the contract has elapsed it will go back to the standard price.

We offer all our new customers an introductory offer just as you would of been offered back when you started with us.

Although we can't offer you the same offers our customer relations team can look at your package and find the best deal available to you as a valued customer.

You can contact our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Cazzi57
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

I have already spoken to them and they can't get me down as low as I need so unfortunately looks like, after 25 years of being loyal, I will have to leave.

thanks for your reply

Cazzi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazzi,

I am really sorry to hear this, the last thing we want is to lose a valued customer.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN wrote:

We offer all our new customers an introductory offer just as you would of (sic) been offered back when you started with us.

There were no introductory offers 25 years ago!  Nor were there 15 years ago when I joined NTL.  

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Cazzi57 wrote:

I have already spoken to them and they can't get me down as low as I need so unfortunately looks like, after 25 years of being loyal, I will have to leave.

Give notice to leave and you will get a call to stay, probably as good as or better than a new customer deal.  And if you don’t you can always cancel that order and try again.

i have twice given notice to leave and somehow am still with VM.

0 Kudos