Menu
johnmck
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing package query

I currently have the VIP full bundle TV, and full house,  Vivid 350 broadband and talk more anytime phone. My contract doesn't expire until mid August, but when it does, I want to change my package to just the normal full bundle tv and vivid 350 - I don't need anything else. I don't watch the sports or film channels or use the phone.

I love the fast broadband, so would prefer to stay with virgin and keep my two TiVo boxes for the tv, do you know if this is possible and a rough estimate of the cost. My bill will go up from £79pm to £129 pm, so I'd rather go back to sky and the slower broadband for that price. I don't want to call customer svc now as I can't be bothered with the high pressure sales tactics and I'd end up just cancelling my contract (yes I know there would be a charge).....just after a rough idea from the experts on here.....Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing package query

If you are after a ballpark price, put your requirements into the build your bundle bit of the website

https://store.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode

You may also get a loyalty discount, but it wont be much.

Will it be cheaper to switch to another supplier at the end of your contract? The answer is most likely "yes"

0 Kudos
johnmck
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will it be cheaper to switch to another supplier at the end of your contract? 

Not necessarily.  Try the chat.  They made me a pretty good offer earlier today, just £2 more for Full House Package than new customers.  (full house tv + talk anytime + Vivid 100 for £55/month)

Suspect VM will be more ready to negotiate as a result of this  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48268427

0 Kudos
johnmck
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'll give customer services a call just over a month before my contract ends - so I can give them the 30 days notice if I'm going to leave. I only really want virgin for the internet, the speed is great, but also quite happy to go back to BT if required Smiley Happy

0 Kudos